The Cricket Match

Everyone was getting ready to go to temple. Suman was dressing up Nami for the performance. She looked so cute in her parantha, jewellery, her orange, green lehenga

" Chachi you are not coming"" No Nami. Perform well ""You are not coming because those aunties called you Chudayil "" No Nami, your Chachi is not coming because your Aakash bhaiyya as usual does not want to come. We cant leave him alone " came in Renuka to save Suman from answering the awkward question" He always have cricket match. Always in front of TV" Nami made faces" I am coming naa Nami didi to watch your dance" Little Adwaith held her hand.

" Adwaith go with Didi now" as the kids walked away, Renuka patted Suman's shoulder." Suman I know how much you want to see Nami's performance. If anything I could do, I could have taken you. I have asked Aakash to be at home. Food is there. We might be late. "" No no Bhabi what are you telling. You all have been so nice to me. I do not have any problem. Have a nice evening. And don't worry about Aakash I will manage him"The whole family assembled downstairs and Vindhya was beaming. In new yellow silk saree which Suman had exclusively hand painted for her with maroon and green shades, she looked beautiful" Maa how is my saree looking. Look what Suman did to the drab plain silk "Maheswari looked at the handiwork of her bahu. She had done the work beautifully" Suman I guess you should be doing it for me and Renuka too "" Haa Maa. Whichever Saree you want, I will do it for you "" Suman I don't know how to thank you. First time my wife is not complaining. Now there is better way of recycling old stock " told Sudhir making everyone laugh" Business, Business does anything else matter to you. Even here you are seeing recycling sarees. Now I know you will dump more old stock here " Vindhya made faces.It was then Maheswari noted Sreedhar who was still wearing his T-shirt and pyjamas. " Beta you are not coming "" Maa today is India-Austraila match. How can I miss it. I will sit with my little master he said pulling Aakash"" Chachu this is not right"" Gudiya I did shopping with you, and I need to give company to your bhaiyya" . Nami nodded." Suman dono bandhar ko time par khana de dena. When it is cricket they will not remember anything " told Renuka BhabiSuman looked at Sreedhar her eyes asking him " Why and how long " and his eyes replied " Till you can go to temple "Everyone left and Aakash switched on TV. Match was going on. Tendulkar was on crease and Shane warne bowling. Suman couldn't help but join Aakash and Sreedhar in Sofa. She remembered at home she secretly watched TV as woman were not allowed to watch TV at her home.Tendulkar hit a six and they all went ecstatic together . " Six on Shane warne Chachu today Tendulkar will do band Baja of Shane warne"" Don't shout too much, you never know when he will get out " Suman cautioned" Chachi you know Cricket. Who is your favourite star "" Of course Sachin Tendulkar. I like Jadeja also " told Suman. She didn't know when she started talking freely with both Aakash and Sreedhar as they discussed runs, outs and the match was moving towards climax."10 runs from 6 balls. Impossible. 7 wickets down" told Aakash keeping his hands on the head" You never know with India " told Sreedhar" Exactly Sreedhar. Jadeja is still in the crease " . Finally Jadeja hit a sixer over the fence and the match was over with 2 balls to spare." Cheers" told Aakash. " Now come let me get food for both of you"" Why both of us. We all watched match together . We all will eat together also. Right chachu. Papa and Dadu is not there "" Exactly chote ustad. We will help Chachi to serve " . Soon they all sat for dinner and Suman was all laughing with Aakash. Sreedhar looked at her. " I want to keep you always like this and I will take every step to keep you like this "