Economics of Marriage

Sreedhar was cleaning the moped the next day. Sudhir asked where was he going with the moped

" Sudhir Bhaiyya I am going to City Palace Jaipur with Poornima" told Sreedhar

" Sreedhar you are going to teach Poornima History" came in Suman taking flowers from the garden. Maheswari was doing Tulsi Pooja while Vindhya was standing and instructing the maid on cleaning the aangan. Renuka bought tea"

" No Sumanji I am not going to teach History, I am going to try teach her Economics of marriage and how her poor Papa didn't understand that Economics which is the base of all problems. Now since he understood it, she should give him a chance to correct the mistakes "

" Sreedhar just because you got gold medal in Economics doesn't mean you make all the things related to sanskaar in deal ok. Going to teach her economics of marriage "came in Maheswari and held his ear.

" Maa listen to me. In Economics there is always profit and loss in any transaction. In Marriage also it is there that's why boy is profit, girl is loss. The whole funda of female foeticide starts from this loss perspective to the owner due to marriage. There is no point in investing. Fun you know Maa. In Economics every property in market has a base price. People auction it. And it is given to the highest bidder. Now investment good or bad time only tells. But the property ends up with the higest bidder.

Now look at the marriage market. Who is the property here. Sanskar says girl. Because you do Kanyadan. First thing a donation is given only to a person who doesn't have that and needs it. In Economics the donor is kept higher and receives the benefit of donation. But look at marriage economics the person who donates that is the father of the girl, he has no value. Actually boy's parents has to be thankful to the girl's parents that they found their family eligible to send the girl or found their son a good match for their daughter. But no. Boys parents take Kanyadan as their right which is against economics basic principles. Now look from market perspective where you make deals. Here boy is in market. Based on family name, education, looks etc etc he has a base price and the parents auction him. The father of the girl who pays the highest dowry is the highest bidder to his market property. As per economics the boy should belong to the highest bidder that is girl's family, but marriage economics the bidder loses the money, loses the daughter but doesn't get the son-in-law. So it is reverse economics. And in a society if a man who decides to fall in love against societal norms doesn't understand this reverse economics with which marriage is dealt with the woman suffers.

Maheswari looked at her son astonished. When has he grown up so much to understand such societal disparities with clarity. " Enough of economics. Come have breakfast and go. One more thing Sudhir and Sreedhar take Suman to our main warehouse in Jaipur tomorrow. New stock comes there right. Let her take some nice good cotton sarees for herself. And take Vindhya too. For once solve her complaint that you always give her old stock. Renu we have to go to the KJ jewellers tomorrow " told Maheswari. As they walked inside Suman turned and looked at him, he winked and she smiled showing question mark. He indicated he has answers.

Poornima was eagerly waiting for Sreedhar. She had a long discussion with Harkishore and Pratap. Harkishore told her everything that has happened. He also told her he believe Maheswari that she and Tilak's grand mother were not aware as they had not seen any woman from Tilak's family when the incident happened. Tilak himself was not seen. As per her mother someone had given her Papa sedation and dragged him away and she was given sedation too. Their marriage had lasted just a day.

She saw Sreedhar coming and ran towards him. " Poorni are you ready shall we go"

" yes Chachu I was waiting for you" she said getting behind the moped. She waved to Harkishore. Soon they reached City Palace Jaipur. Sreedhar parked his moped and they mingled with the tourists and other crowd .