The Temple Festival, The Packing

Suman was busy dressing up her students for the dance performance that day. Though the mother's of other two students were also there Suman was personally ensuring her students were looking good. Others in family were getting ready to go to temple. Vindhya had come back from her parents place one day before. Then Maheswari came.

" Suman are you not getting ready."

" Maa I don't need much time. I will dress up fast " told Suman.

" Yes your mother had told me. You will dress up everyone and don't spend time on dressing up yourself. But I am not going to allow that habit of yours here. The girls mothers are here, they will do what needs to be done. You go and dress up. " told Maheswari

" Maa.. Suman tried to tell

" Suman I am your mother in law and I expect my daughter in law to listen to me. Now go " told Maheswari

Suman nodded as she left Nami's dupatta, allowing Vindhya to take charge of her as she went upstairs. Maheswari looked at girl. She knew Suman was not that happy going up and most probably once she comes down she will check how her students were looking. She smiled as she went to her room.

Jyothi looked at Pritam. Two days back Pritam had gone to Jaipur to hand over the transfer certificate of Ramya and Reshma. He had met Sreedhar and Sreedhar had told what all arrangements had been made. Now it was upto to them how to go from the house without arousing suspicion.

" Pritam how will we go. You said we will tell I have check up. But we don't take Parul for check up right. Also how do we take the bags. We will have to take some minimum luggage." asked Jyothi

" Jyothi you start packing " Jyothi and Pritam turned hearing the voice. It was Bhavani standing at the door. She had a glass of milk with her.

" But Chachi how will we go. Didn't you hear Jyothi's concerns" told Pritam.

Bhavani made both of them sit. " Jyothi drink the milk " she said loudly so that no one will try to peep into the room. Then she whispered.

" Jyothi tell Parul is not eat anything. She seems to have stomach problem. I will then ask you to take Parul to the doctor. These people will disagree and ask to give some home remedy. But Pritam you insist on taking her to doctor. Then just to stop the irritation they will agree. You three go with Jyothi having the most essential things in the hand bag. "

" But Chachi what about our luggage " asked Bhavani.

" That you don't worry. I have bribed one servant with a gold chain. He will bring the luggage to you in the bus stand."

" Chachi what if he takes the gold chain and cheat. You cant trust these people as they are very much loyal to Papa, Chachu and Tauji" told Pritam.

" I am not a fool Pritam after being here for twenty three years. I have told him, he will get the gold chain if he brings the proof that the luggage has reached you. So Jyothi once you get the luggage give a piece of your pallu in his hand. Also one more thing. Board Jodhpur bus from the bus stand. Get down at the next bus station and switch the bus to Jaipur. From there I feel you will get your train tickets to Delhi which Sreedhar will take once you reach Jaipur."

Jyothi hugged Bhavani and started crying " Thank you Chachi. I don't know when I will be able to repay you"

" Jyothi I couldn't save two of my daughters who were mercilessly killed in my womb. By giving me a chance to save your baby you have already repaid dear" told Bhavani as she took the milk glass and walked out.

Pritam closed the door as they started packing. They will move out from this place the next day.

" Bhabi sign here" told Sreedhar. He was getting signature of Renu, Vindhya on legal papers for the creation of subsidiary.

" Sreedhar cant this wait for tomorrow" asked Maheswari.

" Maa it is already a bit late. I need to take these papers tomorrow morning itself to legal and if I don't do it now then we will come late after the programme and I might forget. Where is Sumanji. Now only her signature pending"

" I am here Sreedhar. Bring the papers " he turned hearing her voice. She was standing fully dressed at the base of stairs. Sreedhar stood stunned for a second before composing himself. In the light pink silk saree and kundan jewellery Suman was looking beautiful. He took the papers to the dining table and Suman followed him. Sreedhar was very much aware of her. He took a deep breath to ensure not to show his feelings.

As she signed the papers Suman knew what Sreedhar was feeling. She felt his one arm circling her waist, pulling her closer. His breath on her neck, his other arm trying to untie the dor of her blouse. Before her thoughts could wander she gave the papers back in his hand and went towards Nami not even looking at him. Sreedhar looked at her. He knew from the way she ran she could read all the thoughts in his mind.He took the papers thinking whether his thoughts made her uncomfortable.

Maheswari was observing them. Though she felt Sreedhar was shocked a bit in seeing Suman she couldn't be sure, as he came to normal quite fast. But she was pleased with Suman's reaction. For the first time Suman showed indication that she was aware of Sreedhar's presence and she felt tensed about it as if she shouldn't be feeling that way.

Soon everyone reached temple. It was the time for evening aarti. As everyone stood in line for the aarti, Sreedhar's eyes darted across the crowd at Suman and she smiled at him as their eyes met, indicating her desire was in line with his. Sreedhar felt relieved.