Deepdan

The entire Varma family reached Gowri-Shankar mandir. There were many people that day. Even media people were there. Poornima and Vaishnav came together. Vaishnav was smartly dressed in a violet sherwani and Poornima wore a beautiful ornage lehenga. Media people surrounded them and Poornima dragged Sreedhar along with them to face the media.

Media interviewed Vaishnav and Poornima along with Sreedhar. Then an announcement came

Since Mahantji was not there the younger priest was talking " Hello everyone we all know today we have assembled for a very noble cause. Woman who have been deprived entry to Lord's gate in the name of tradition has been allowed to enter the temple today and light the diya for Lord. Mahantji couldn't grace this occasion due to health issues, hence I will be guiding the proceedings. I would request all the widows to form a line and in order bring a lighted diya and place it in front of Mata Gowri and Bholenath"

" Chote Mahantji we have a request " told Poornima

" Yes Poornima please tell"

" Chote Mahantji we would prefer the first lamp to be lit by an eldest lady. We have got information that Shyamala Devi who is currently 93 year old has come to this temple after 60 years with her family. Could we start the deep dan ceremony with her"

Everyone turned and looked at a very old lady standing by the side held by her great grand sons and daughters. Poornima and Vaishnav went near her.

" Dadiji please come and light the diya"

The lady blessed them " Children I don't know how to thank you. From childhood I used to come to this temple everyday. Without seeing Mata Gowri and Bholenath my day never used to start. And when my husband died the world told me I could not enter the temple as I am inauspicious and I had always lived praying to Mata Gowri and Bholenath, that if my devotion was true before I closed my eyes, I should be able to visit this temple again. Light the diya for Mata Gowri and Bholenath. Today because of you and where is he Rajalakshmi Varma's grandson, her Giridhar who has made it possible. Sreedhar walked in front and touched the old lady's feet. " Mata Gowri bless you my son, your dadi used to tell Krishna had come her home and today her Krishna had bought light to many lives. She looked around and Sreedhar could see many eyes thanking him and the kids. Sreedhar helped the lady light the diya and the lady started moving with him and then she stopped.

" Dadiji what happened " asked Sreedhar.

" Beta I have been hearing Maheswari's widow bahu has got the blessing of Maa Durga. She has come today right. Can I see her. I want to light diya with her"

Maheswari asked Suman to go. Suman stood in front of the old lady. She looked at Suman and smiled.

" What is your name Beta" " Suman" saying it she touched the old lady's feet. The lady blessed her.

"No wonder everyone is saying you have Maa Durga's blessing. I cannot believe such a fate fell on you. Your face has not just Maa Durga's but Maa Lakshmi's blessing written on it. By seeing you I can tell with all the knowledge I have gathered for years, the house which you grace will always have prosperity. Come take the diya and light it with me."

Poornima helped Suman light the diya. Suman walked alongside the lady with diya and Sreedhar held the lady on other side. Poornima and Vaishnav walked along side them. Maheswari looked at the progression her eyes never leaving Suman and Sreedhar. They both were in blue. " Vindhya was right" Maheswari told in mind " Suman and Sree makes the most beautiful pair. She doesn't even have the complete Sringaar. If only the photo was shown to her before showing it to Murali, I could have taken some action. Alas when Vindhya told Sreedhar will more be a match for Suman it was late as the alliance was finalized between Murali and Suman and Murali had told he liked the girl. Even she had felt that time Sreedhar would have been the ideal choice for Suman when Vindhya pointed out, the height, sharp defined features etc.. . Murali was a bit short and his features were not as defined as that of Sreedhar"

The progression reached in front of sanctum santorium. Shymala Devi placed the diya in front of Gowri and Shankar and prayed. Suman followed suit, keeping the diya and then she too prayed. Soon the widows came in line and start keeping the diyas. Sreedhar and Suman guided the lady back. She told " Sreedhar I want to meet your mother"

They took the lady to Maheswari. Maheswari touched the old lady's feet " Maheswari I don't know how to thank you for raising such a noble son. I will always pray for his welfare and also the welfare of your family" . Soon Shyamala Devi's family guided her back. Many people came and thanked Sreedhar and praised Maheswari.

Once all the commotion was over Maheswari looked at Poornima who was standing with Harkishore and Pratap.

She went towards them, followed by the whole family. " Maheswariji we are giving your grand daughter to you. Her naani have raised her with all the right sanskaars. We are sure she will make your family proud"

" Harkishoreji I would always be debted to you, your wife and Pratap who has done our job. Now Poornima is our child. We will ensure she does not face any difficulty in our household. Come Poorni"

Poornima hugged her naanu and mamu and cried. Even Pratap was crying. She was the apple of his eye. Aakash and Adwaith tugged Poornima. " Poornima didi come, let us go"

Poornima wiped her tears. Harkishore patted her cheeks and she slowly turned towards the Varma's and started walking with them. 

Seven Vows Part 1- Publishedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें