The Van Allen's vs Time Is On My Side

Alayna hovered in the back of the room near the entrance to the main part of the cabin while Karoline and the boys took charge of the interrogation. The Demon was silhouetted against the roaring open fire behind him, tied to a chair inside a Devils trap. They'd been at it for hours and gotten nowhere. This was round three after a half hour break in order to give the Demon some time to think about it's options. Dean stepped up and threw holy water in his face, it burned like acid and he screamed, thrashing form side to side. Alayna always cringed a little when they did this because at the end of the day, there was a human being inside there somewhere, just like she had once been trapped in her own body, forced to do things she would never have done; forced to kill. "You ready to talk?" Dean asked, not appearing affected by what he was doing at all.

"I don't know. I don't know anything!" The man cried out.

"Oh, you hear that, guys? He doesn't know anything." Dean said, raising his eyebrow at the two of them.

"Yeah, I heard." Sam smirked, shaking his head.

"I'm telling you the truth." The demon insisted, looking from Sam to Karoline to Dean.

"Really?" Karoline gasped in mock shock, a hand on her chest. "My God, then we owe you an apology. Dean?" She looked back at Dean, nodding her head.

Dean stepped forward, grasping the man's chin and forcing his mouth open, tipping Holy water down it. The man screamed again, thrashing his head from side to side as Dean stepped back. "I'm gonna ask you one last time...Who holds my contract?!"

The Demon fell quiet, his head handing low. When he looked up again, his eyes were pitch black tar pits they were becoming increasingly familiar with. "Your mother." The Demon smirked. "Yeah, she, uh, showed it to me right before I bent her over."

His eyes faded back to normal and Dean leant in close to him, getting in his face. "I want a name. Or else..."

"Or what?" The Demon prompted, cutting him off. "You're gonna squirt your holy water in both ends? Please. Brother, that's like a fleabite compared to what's coming to me if I tell you jack. Do what you want. The only thing I'm scared of is the demon holding your ticket."

Alayna stood up a little straighter, looking over with intrigue. So he did know something. Dean stared at the Demon for a moment, assessing him with stern eyes and then looked at Alayna who nodded and began reciting an exorcism. "How does that feel? Does that feel good?

"Go ahead!" The Demon dared him as Dean walked around, standing behind Sam. "Send me back to hell... 'Cause when you get there, I'll be waiting for you...with a few pals who are dying for a nice little meet and greet with Dean Winchester." He chuckled, meeting Dean's gaze.

Alayna hesitated, looking at Dean, silently asking him if he wanted her to continue. Dean didn't even blink, watching the Demon with stone-cold eyes. "Send him someplace he can't hurt anyone else." He said turning away.

Alayna started the exorcism again as Dean looked at the floor, shaking his head and pursing his lips tightly together. He glanced back over at the Demon who was screaming as Alayna finished the exorcism, and that's when Karoline saw it. The same panic and terror that hit her when the Demon promised to be waiting on the other side for Dean. He looked over at her, shaking his head and Karoline bit her lip, crossing to him and slipping her arms around his neck, pulling him into her, as he grasped her waist, holding her tight.

The host didn't make it. An hour later Dean and Karoline were finishing up the burial. "Hey," Karoline said, drawing his attention to her. "You okay."

"Yeah," He nodded, but she could tell it was a lie. Karoline sighed, wrapping her arm around herself and he watched her with quiet reservation. "You know, maybe you don't want to sit in on these sessions, Kare." He said quietly.