The Van Allen's vs Callie Garrison

>BEDTIME STORIES<

They headed down to the room that Callie was in, having gotten the room number from the nurse

They headed down to the room that Callie was in, having gotten the room number from the nurse. In the bed laid a beautiful young lady, not a little girl. You could see the similarities between this woman and the little girl. The long black hair that was combed nicely over her shoulders and the pale skin. Dr. Garrison was sitting at her beside reading a book; 'The Complete Work and Tales of the Brothers Grimm'.

"...and the Huntsman stepped inside, and in the bed lay the wolf. So, the Huntsman took a pair of scissors and cut open the Wolf's belly." Dr. Garrison was reading when they approached the door. Dr. Garrison noticed them standing in the doorway and looked up, clearing his throat as he closed the book. He touched Callie's arm affectionately before approaching the three of them. "All of you today, huh? Can I help you?" He asked.

"We just... we heard that Callie is your daughter." Alayna told him with a sympathetic nod. "We wanted to tell you how sorry we were."

Dr. Garrison nodded at them, "Well, uh, thank you. if you'll excuse me."

"Oh, heading this way?" Dean asked as the doctor brushed past them and down the hallway. "We'll walk with you."

"How long has Callie been like that?" Karoline inquired, getting directly to the point.

"We don't mean to intrude, we can't possibly understand how hard it must be for you seeing her like this," Alayna interjected, turning on her big doe eyes.

"It's not easy," Dr Garrison said, taking off his glasses which he'd been using to read with. "She's uh, been here since she was eight years old."

"That's when she was poisoned?" Karoline guessed, and Dr. Garrison nodded.

"Yes. Swallowed bleach. Never figured out how she got her hands on the bottle. My wife found her, uh, brought her to the ER here and I was on call."

"Your wife, that was Callie's stepmom?" Alayna checked gently, flashing her big, Bambi eyes.

Dr. Garrison stopped in his step and turned to look at the short girl, "Actually, yes. How'd you know that?" He asked.

"Lucky guess." Karoline came to the rescue with a bright smile.

"Well, Julie was the only mother that uh, Callie ever knew. My wife passed away last year, and uh, it's just my daughter and me now. She's all I got left." He paused. "Um, excuse me I've got to get back to work." The doctor walked off and the other turned to head in the other direction.

"Well, you're right. It's Snow White in spades," Dean said, suddenly the expert in the story.

"Yep, stepmom poisons the girl, puts her into a deep sleep. What's the motive you think?" Alayna asked.

"Could be like Mischa Barton," Dean said, clarifying when Alayna raised her eyebrows at him. "Sixth Sense, not the O.C."

"Right, right, she figured if she kept her kid sick she'd get all the attention," Karoline caught on, she'd seen that movie a hundred times over. "Kept putting bleach into her soup until it was too much, and the girl died."