Chapter 2 - Goodbyes Never Seem Easy

Media: Picture of Colton Haynes who plays Gin Worth, Ciel's best friend

"Tiny! Get your ass out here! Let's go for a run!" A loud voice boomed in the middle of the clearing while birds scattered overhead from the fright of the sudden loud sound, a muscular figure swung from a tree branch and landed perfectly on a tree stump, "Tiny!" He called out as loudly as he could, "I'm bored out of my mind!"

A lean, much smaller figure stumbled out of the nearby cabin on unsteady feet. Still dressed in his sleeping attire, he called out in a much weaker voice, "It's barely six in the morning Gin." He drawled with a sigh, "Some of us are still sleeping." He glared as ferociously as he could with his round blue eyes as he slumped on another tree stump. "Some of us, being me. And the rest of the tribe."

Gin grinned as he leaped from the tree stump he was standing on to the stump that his best friend was sitting at, "Stop being lazy and get out of bed! Let's go for a run come on!" He ruffled Tiny's hair affectionately before pulling the younger man into his arms and delivering a bone crushing hug.

Tiny gasped before swatting the older boy's arm hurriedly as he choked from the hug, "Stop." He breathed, struggling to get out of Gin's grasp. "I can't breathe Gin!"

"Say you'll go for a run with me now." Gin tightened his grip around the smaller frame, slightly releasing the man when he felt some of the joints relocating to accommodate the lack of space. He only wanted to get Ciel to do what he wanted, not kill him.

"Gin!" Ciel gasped for air, his hands barely scratching his friend's arms as his face turned red and he felt all the pressure rush to his head. He really didn't want to give in and say he'll go for a run, he had a long day ahead, and starting it off with a run with his best friend before the official tribe run was surely to drain all his energy. "Let-"

"Let go of the poor boy would you Gin? We'd like Ciel in one pretty little piece for his meeting with the Spirit Lunar pack later." An amused voice rang out behind them.

Gin spun around with Tiny still properly fastened in his grip, his face lit up with joy as he saw the tribe leader's eldest son standing with his arms folded and grinning at them, "Alex!" Gin let go of the choking man in his arms and leaped at Alex, who caught him very easily as they were both equally as strong as one another. "Let's go for a run, come on!" Gin and Alex embraced each other briefly before separating.

"Gin..." Alex started, his tone clearly nagging as he eyed the crumpled, coughing figure on the ground trying to gasp for air, "You are not a child anymore. You really should learn not to yell at the top of your voice whenever you want something." Alex reached out to help Tiny up from the ground in his crumpled state, "Ciel is right, some of us are-" he corrected himself, "Were still sleeping."

Gin pouted as he considered his Successor's words, before nodding reluctantly.

Ciel sighed as he rubbed his arms in pain when he finally caught his breath, "Why is it that we can say the same exact thing but you only listen to Alex and not me?"

Gin rolled his eyes, "For one, you're not the boss of me, he is. Well, soon he will be." Gin threw one arm around Ciel's shoulders playfully while Ciel tried to fight him off, "And two, you still love me, Tiny, just admit it." Gin used his power to his advantage, latching on to Ciel's shoulders. Ciel gave up after a moment of fight, giving in to the fact that his best friend will always overpower him when it comes to raw strength.

Alex smacked the back of Gin's head, "How many times must I tell you to call Ciel by his name. He has grown out of his nickname, hasn't he?" Alex grinned, standing in front of Ciel who tries to take a step back, but Gin held him in place, "He grew a little taller since that incident at least." He gripped Ciel's arms and gave him a once over, "A little more meat on his bones too. Not that Tiny anymore." He commented with a brief chuckle.