Chapter 16 - My First Kiss Went A Little Like This

"Theo. Your father needs to speak with you and the twins. Nathaniel and Ciel as well." Beta Jason announced as he interrupted their training session. His eyes lingered on Ciel for a second, before he nodded at Ciel when the teen bowed respectfully.

The Beta wasn't Ciel's greatest fan, nor was he very supportive of the whole idea of an arranged marriage. But as the time passed in his time here in Spirit Lunar, Ciel realised that the Beta was slowly warming up to him, and the idea of the treaty. They were not as friendly to each other as Ciel was with the Gamma, but it was improving and Ciel couldn't ask for more.

"What for?" Theo asked as he offered his hand to help Nathaniel to his feet after just tackling him to the ground. He wiped his brow with his free hand.

The Beta eyed Theo from the side of his eye, "Successors' event." He answered briefly before he turned on his heels, nodding at their instructor Teddy as he walked away, "Now, the five of you."

Ciel scrambled to his feet quickly at the firm order, straightening his training outfit to the best that he could as he trailed after Theo and the rest. Successors' event? He wondered why he was called to see the Alpha as well. He was not a Successor like the rest of them.

They jogged towards the Alpha's study in large strides, scaling the steps two at a time in silence. There was a strange tension in the air as they moved and Ciel couldn't ignore the discomfort nagging at the back of his mind.

He glanced at Len who was right beside him, noting that the older teen was looking at him too. He slowed down with Len as they shared a look. They jogged at a slower pace behind the three of them and Ciel noted briefly that Nathaniel had shot them a glance before turning back to look ahead.

Len tugged at his arm to get him closer, "Nathaniel has not attended one with us yet." Len whispered quickly into his ear before he stepped away from Ciel, jogging to catch up with the rest.

Ciel frowned at what Len shared with him, his eyes flickering to Nathaniel as he caught up with them too. Wasn't Nathaniel also a Successor the same time as the other three? Why hasn't he attended one with them before? Ciel stared at Nathaniel's back for several moments before he shook his head. Who was he to understand? Clearly they were not comfortable with sharing yet.

With their speed, they reached the Alpha's study quickly and Theo wasted no time as he knocked on the door, announcing their arrival. The Alpha called for them to enter and Theo pushed the doors open without a glance back at the rest of them.

Ciel tensed as the Luna beamed at them with a bright smile, welcoming them with a hug and a pat on the back, "Look at you, all sweaty and tired. Theo dear, sit all of you. Ciel, you look flushed, was training hard, love?" Luna Emma asked as she fussed over the boys.

Ciel shook his head and smiled politely, turning to the Alpha who was standing behind his desk. He bowed respectfully, turning away from the Alpha when he smiled back at him.

"We'll just stand, Mom." Theo said as he squared himself, facing his Father with his hands behind his back, "You wanted to see us urgently, Alpha?"

The boys took their places behind Theo, standing at attention. Ciel copied their behaviour, not knowing how else to act. Although he had been taught proper manners growing up, his tribe was never strict enough to implement them rigorously.

"Emma, please, settle down." The Alpha said, pointing to the chair in front of him as he nodded at the boys.

"Honey." Luna Emma looked pointedly at her husband with her hands on her hips, "It feels like I haven't seen them in a while." She whined.