Chapter 20 - Our Happy Ending (Final Chapter)

Ciel stared out at the woods through the windows that he had grown to love in the dining room. The longing to be out there with nature was strong, but he stood his ground indoors. He was in no condition to be out there.

He glanced down at his attire, smoothing the fabric out slowly, straightening the creases as he went. His nerves were starting to act up again. He glanced out of the window, hoping that the picturesque look outside of the woods will calm him down like it always did.

"Ciel! Dear Goddess what in the world are you doing here!" Luna Emma's exasperated voice rang out from behind him, startling him.

Ciel closed his eyes to calm himself with deep breaths before he turned around to face her. As her panicked face came into view, Ciel tensed with stress, "Luna. Is something the matter?" Ciel asked when he realised that she looked out of breath.

Luna Emma narrowed her eyes at Ciel as she put her hands on her hips. Ciel immediately straightened his posture.

"Is something the matter? What is wrong with you! And how many times do I have to tell you to call me Emma, or Mom?" She raised her brow at Ciel disbelievingly, "Ciel Blackburn, you are supposed to be getting ready for the ceremony. Why are you still here!"

Ciel blushed heavily as he looked down at his feet, "Smith. Ciel Smith. I'm not a Blackburn yet." He muttered, tugging at the folded ends of his shirt again, "I'm ready. I just have to wear my jacket." He whispered.

Luna Emma groaned loudly, "This would be so much easier if you were a girl. Why are boys so uninterested in wedding preparations? Why are you not excited that you are going to be a Blackburn!" She shrieked as she advanced on Ciel with her hands out.

"I am excited." Ciel explained when Emma's hands went around his elbow.  He didn't resist her tugging.

She rolled her eyes dramatically, "For the life of me, I cannot see the excitement with the way you're acting. You and Theo both are going to drive me crazy!"

"But I am." Ciel whined, letting the Luna drag him towards wherever she was intending to take him.

The butterflies in his stomach took flight in a frenzy when his eyes caught the decorations outside in the courtyard. Emma had gone all out alright. The place looked phenomenal.

There were fairy lights everywhere his eyes could see. They littered the grounds, tables, stands, flowers, everything. Everywhere. Even though the sun had not completely set, Ciel could feel his eyes already aching to look away from the small blinding balls of light.

The scent in the air was heavy with the smell of nature and flowers as he noticed that Luna Emma had gotten the entire grounds carpeted with flower petals. He cringed, wondering how much money she had spent on them for this wedding. He knew the pack had money, but this didn't seem like the right time to splurge, although he had learnt his lesson to never bring that up with the Luna ever again, if he wanted to live.

His eyes caught the makeshift altar that stood proudly in the middle of it all, painted white. It looked the picture of Romantic, to say the least. Ciel wasn't even a romantic person to begin with. His heart pounded against his ribs wildly. Was this what people referred to as pre-wedding jitters?

White chiffon flowed from the ceiling of the white gazebo, held together by silver and blue silk ribbons intertwined with flowers. More fairy lights were attached to the ceiling, hanging like stars caught in the clouds that were the white chiffon.

The floor was scattered with white rose petals mixed with some silver ones. In the middle of it all, laid a table draped with white silk cloth. Ciel's heart raced when he saw the decorative knife that sat on the table innocently.