Chapter 1

And...they did it again... I sighed as the simulation stopped and the instructor stomped in the shuttle to get the trio out. When are they going to stop arguing and start working as a team?

"Now let's see if we can use this complete failure as a lesson for all of you. Can any of you point out the mistakes that these donkeys made in the simulation?" The instructor asked in an authoritative and accusing tone. As the other students called out the mistakes, I heard one of my teammates snicker.

"Ha, that's like the fifth failure in a row. They really suck at this." I gritted my teeth and elbowed him hard to shut him up. "Ow! (y/n) what the hell?! What, don't tell me you're still supporting these losers?" He remarked, looking at me.

"What I think is none of your business. And start keeping those thoughts of yours to yourself." I stated and looked back at the three. They may not be the best pilots but they are still my friends. And I will support them no matter what.

~Timeskip~

"I'll see you later (y/n)." I waved at some of my friends as they left to their rooms before lights out. Just as the lights dimmed, I saw two familiar guys sneaking out. I gave a desperate sigh and went after them. As they were waiting to run down the hall, I sneaked up behind the large guy.

"What do you think you guys are doing?" The two guys almost screamed out in fear but luckily clamped each other mouths shut to avoid getting unwanted attention. I chuckled silently at their wide shocked eyes looking up at me, before the brown hair boy groaned and released his hand from his mouth.

"(y/n) man, don't sneak up on us like that. What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I should be asking you that question. You're trying to sneak out and find some girl time right?" The boy blushed and gave a small smirk. "Seriously, you're little trips to find girls is going to kill you someday, Lance. And you just have to drag Hunk along."

"If it means I get to spend some quality time with the ladies, it's all worth the risk." Lance grinned, causing me to sigh again. Just then, I realized the two sneaked off again. Knowing this wasn't going to end well, I followed the two. Just when I caught up with them, we noticed Pidge sneaking out of his room too and running off. "Where is he going?" Lance murmured before we followed him. Soon we found ourselves on the roof and saw Pidge sitting there among some hi tech gear. Lance thought it would be funny and sneaked behind him, pulling out his headphone and whispering into Pidge's ear.

"AAAHH!" the poor boy yelped and spun around to see the three of us. "Oh uh...just looking at the...stars." He murmured.

"Where did you get those stuff? Doesn't seem like the gear we use." Lance asked crossing his arms.

"I built it." Pidge answered with a smug look. Hunk slowly sneaked to touch one but was pushed back by Pidge. "With this, I can scan all the way to the solar system."

"Ok...But what's the real reason you're here Pidge. Doesn't seem like you're just looking at the stars. Heck, there are no stars up here tonight." I stated, causing Pidge's glasses to slightly tilt.

"Look Pidge if we're gonna work as a team, we can't have any secrets between us." Lance said. Pidge fell silent but then sighed.

"The world as you know it...is going to change. The Kerberos mission wasn't lost because of some malfunction. STOP TOUCHING MY STUFF HUNK!!" Pidge suddenly yelled and the big boy fell on his side like a dejected puppy. "So I've been trying to pick up any alien signals."

"Whoa what?! Aliens?!" Hunk and I asked with wide eyes.

"Ok...So you're insane." My eyebrow twitched and I elbowed Lance's side. "Ow! What?! Doesn't that seem a little bizarre to you?!"