Chapter 13

I tried to stifle a yawn and rubbed my tired eyes to keep myself awake. Coran just had to wake us up in the early morning (at least I think its morning, still trying to figure out space time) to come to the detainment room. We were finally going to try and get some information out of Sendak. He's been a 'guest' on this ship for too long. Coran placed some devices on Sendak's pod and turned it on.

"Ok guys, Sendak's almost all hooked up. But look I have to warn you, this technology was used to keep Altean memories alive, not to interrogate prisoners." Coran explained as he went to the smaller pod next to Sendak's, fiddling with the screen.

"Coran, we understand that this wasn't what the technology was meant for. But if we can extract Sendak's memories, then we may be able to gain valuable information of Zarkon's troop location." Shiro said. He seemed really eager for this, or at least that's what it seems since he looks to be the most awake among all of us.

"Yeah, then we can just be like. 'Knock knock. Who's there? The legendary fury of Voltron son!'" Lance commented and acted out which made Hunk and I groan.

"Fascinating. So how exactly does this work?" Pidge asked with her face leaned close to the small pod.

"As the memories are extracted, they're written bit by bit on individual molecules of the micro-storage strands." Coran explained.

"When I go, I want all the stuff in my brain stored into a giant ship." Lance sighed and smirked while crossing his arms. I'm guessing more than half the stuff is going to be on the ladies he flirted with.

"The amount of information in your brain could be stored in a paper airplane." Keith sarcastically commented which made Lance spin around and glare at him.

"Oh yeah?! Well the amount of information you have Keith could be...." Lance took a moment to think of a good come back.

"Yeah?" Keith asked, scrunching his eyebrows and glancing at Lance.

"It's less than what I have!" Lance exclaimed before standing back up and crossing his arms proudly.

"Oh good one Lance!" Hunk praised while Keith just rolled his eyes, Shiro was watching them and sighed. I nervously smiled a little. They're just as bad at this as little kids.

"So this is how you incorporated King Alfor's memories into the castle of lions?" Pidge asked, focusing more on the new technology in front of her.

"Precisely, but it has never been attempted on an unwilling participant." Coran finished the final touches and stepped back. The small pod started to glow and I could hear soft sounds of water flowing inside.

"Uh, is this what's supposed to happen?" Hunk asked as we all stared at the empty pod.

"Let's give it some time." Shiro said. A few minutes was what all of us thought it would take. But this literally took hours. All of us continued to stare (well Hunk fell asleep standing) but Sendak's memories just wouldn't come out. He is the fine definition of an unwilling participant. Soon everyone left the room, Keith went to train, Pidge went back to her lab and Hunk went to make some breakfast. While Lance was on his back and rolling his legs, I stared at Shiro as he stared at Sendak. He's been standing there ever since the start, it's amazing how he hasn't even moved, much less blinked.

"I guess I'll go hit the showers." I said while standing up.

"Well I'm afraid I can't wait here any longer either. I have a million duties to attend to. Between the Galra crystal infecting our system and avoiding those ships and performing the Balmera rejuvenation ceremony, the old castle of lions has taken quite a beating. Every system needs to be recharged and repaired." Coran said after stretching his arms.