Chapter 23

"There's no point debating this further. Zarkon is clearly tracking us through me." Everyone immediately shot down Allura's words. "Why would that be so hard to believe? Zarkon's forces showed up on Aris only after I awoke."

"She's got a point. I would absolutely travel across the galaxy to find you." Lance smirked and said. I groaned and knocked the side of his head in annoyance.

"It's not you princess Allura." We all turned towards Keith who finally said something. "It's me." We all stared blankly in confusion at him.

"And why would be the case?" I asked.

"I just think...I mean Zarkon must have...imprinted me during our fight or something." Keith mumbled. He's hiding something...

"Look the fact is, we don't know how's Zarkon's tracking us. It could be through the Black lion. Every time Zarkon gets close to it, Shiro has to fight him for control." Pidge suggested.

"That's only when Zarkon is nearby. No paladin has been able to connect with their lion over a vast distance." Coran said.

"But Pidge has a point. Zarkon was the first black paladin so his bond with the black lion must be strong. For all we know, he could be tracking us with Shiro's prosthetic arm. Not saying that I'm blaming you Shiro." I quickly said to Shiro who gave an understanding look.

"Well whatever it is, what do we do now?" Hunk asked.

"Look it doesn't matter how he's tracking us. We're gonna take the fight to the galra soon enough. They've been chasing us from galaxy to galaxy. The last thing they expect is for us to come after them." Shiro said.

"The hunter becomes the hunted. Awesome. That's a tagline from like 6 of my favourite movies." Lance commented.

"As it so happens, I took our list of recent galra attacks and analysed them for both commonalities and anomalies among the attack sites." Pidge stated from her chair, typing on a screen. "I was hoping to create an algorithm that would, within a statically acceptable margin of error, provide a list of target rich galra environments, color coded because what are we animals?" We all just blankly stared at the young girl, utterly lost in her explanation. Pidge pressed a button and a hologram of the universe appeared around the room.

"So it's a galra finder?" Hunk asked.

"No, finder suggests that it locates the galra. Wheras it would be more accurate to say that my model predicts their likeliest..." She finally turned her eyes at us, noticing our blank faces. "Fine, it's a galra finder." She murmured.

"So where are the galra?" Lance asked. Pidge typed in something and a red dot appeared on the map.

"The nearest ones are right here, a planet called Traujeer." Pidge said.

"Then that's where we're headed. Everyone should get some sleep. Tomorrow we'll find that galra fleet and take it out." Shiro said. Everyone started walking out and Shiro went up to Keith. "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, why?" Keith asked, averting his eyes.

"You just seem a bit, anxious." Shiro said.

"I'm fine. Just tired. Like you said, I should get some sleep." Keith muttered before walking out. But Shiro kept a concerned lookout for Keith, but he shrugged it off and walked back to the rooms. As he did, he spotted me and stopped me just before I reached my room.

"Shiro? What's wrong? You need something?" I asked.

"Actually, yeah I do. I wanted to ask you, how did you form the bond with Lilac. The one during that time when you were captured. Every time Zarkon and I fought over control of the black lion, I've always felt my connection with the black lion is weaker compared to Zarkon's. But I cannot let Zarkon take the Black lion. That's why I have to form a stronger bond with the black lion. But I just don't know where to start."