Chapter 21

After our recent fight, Allura thought it would be a good idea to do a check up on the castle ship. And she decided to use the free labour (aka us) help with the external work. "Let's hurry with these repairs. Zarkon could be here at any moment." Shiro said as Hunk twisted a handle, causing a small twisted pillar glowing in blue to rise up from the ship's surface.

"Ok panel's up. Now what?" Hunk asked.

"Very simple. Just loosen the blaxums on the somopflage." Coran simply said while we all just stared at the pillar blankly.

"Could you be more specific?" Hunk remarked back.

"Sorry Hunk, he means the poklones on the agroclams." Allura corrected but making us more confused.

"No that doesn't help..." Hunk muttered.

"Easy Hunk, I got this." Lance smirked and pushed him away. Is it weird for me to suddenly feel scared? Lance pressed random buttons and knobs but the pillar and the surface of the ship suddenly turned red and alarms went off. "Uh oh... That can't be good..."

"You think?!" I shot back.

"No! Not the smalters, the poklones!" Allura exclaimed.

"No it's the blaxums!" Coran quickly corrected.

"You do realise we have no idea what either of you are saying!" I shot back at the two aliens. Pidge quickly stepped in and pushed a few buttons and knobs before twisting the handle.

"There." Pidge smiled and said as the pillar slowly turned back blue.

"Well done Pidge." Allura commended as we all took a breath of relief.

"The tech on this ship never ceases to amaze me. It's so mathematically elegant. It's fit as a 100 times more frictionless than any exoskeleton we have on Earth. It's...beautiful." Pidge sighed dreamily with stars in her eyes. I chuckled softly. It's going to be hard for us to separate this girl from the ship once our battle with Zarkon is over.

"It's not a sunset Pidge..." Lance deadpanned, making Pidge turn her eyes at him.

"You're right. A billion sunsets just happen everyday. Some genius engineer actually built this." Pidge said in a straight voice before pushing the pillar back in.

"Looks like a big delicious curly fry. Huh?!" Hunk was cut off when some weird blue substance hit his helmet. We looked ahead and saw ourselves entering an area with thousands of some space snowballs floating around.

"Ok, we're prepared for this." Shiro activated his shield. "Remember your rogue projectile cluster training back in the Garrison. First we need a temporary shelter. Wha-!" Shiro was cut off when a snowball suddenly hit the back of his head. We all turned around to see Lance giving a bashful expression.

"Oh sorry Shiro. I was trying to hit Keith." Lance apologised but was suddenly hit on the face by a snowball, making him groan out loud and glare at the culprit.

"Heh, like that?" Keith smirked with a snowball ready in his hand.

"Haha yes! Squishy asteroid fight!" Hunk cried out and we all shared the same playful grin. Soon enough, all of us were throwing the space snowballs at each other like we would on a snow day. Shiro tried to get us to focus back on repairs but soon got into the playful mood, and Lance used poor Hunk as a shield. Meanwhile Pidge was busy investigating the snowball.

"I don't think these are asteroids."

"Obviously. Asteroids couldn't be as soft as these. Wha-! Oh Lance! It is so on!" I cried out when a snowball hit my head and started throwing more snowballs at the blue armoured boy.