Chapter 2

This was too much for me to take. First we find out that the pilot from the Kerberos mission survived and crashed landed back on Earth, reunited with a previous rebel classmate, and nearly escaped death from jumping off a cliff. Luckily Keith dropped us off at a small house for all of us to take in a breather. As the guys were trying to rest their body and mind, I noticed Shiro standing outside. I'm surprised he's up and about. I went out and walked over to him. He must have heard me as he turned around and saw me. His dark grey eyes staring into mine made my body freeze nervously. After all, this was my idol standing in front of me. My nervousness soon eased when he gave a soft smile.

"Were you part of the group that helped me escape?" He asked in a deep voice.

"Well, I wouldn't really say that I helped save you. I kind of just tagged along." I mumbled, picking the courage to walk closer to him. Just then, I saw a prosthetic hand held up to me and saw Shiro smiling while holding his hand towards me.

"You still have my thanks." I nervously looked at his hand before sucking in a breath to shake his hand. My mind was kind of in a frenzy at this moment, shaking hands with my idol was like a dream. "May I ask what your name is?"

"(y/n). (Y/n) (l/n)." I answered as I pulled my hand back. He looked at me before staring out to the sky. It must have been a long time since he's seen the sky, guess it's sentimental for him. He's changed so much since I last saw him before he went off for the Kerberos mission. He now had a tuft of white hair at his front, a scar across his nose and noticeably more masculine (oh those heavenly buff shoulders). So much must have happened to him in space. "So...What happened out there? Where were you all this time?" Shiro took a moment before he answered.

"I wish I can tell you. But it's all a big blur to me. I was on an alien ship and I somehow managed to escape. My mind's quite scrambled at this point." He murmured with slight pain in his voice. "How did you and your friends know when to save me when I crashed?" I flinched, not knowing how to answer him.

"I can probably answer that." We both turned around and saw Keith standing by the door. "You should come check this out. He led us back into the house and pulled down a large piece of cloth. Unravelling a large wall full of maps, pictures and notes.

"What have you been working on?" I asked, taking a closer look.

"After my expulsion, I was kind of lost and drawn to this place. It was like...some energy was telling me to search."

"For what?" Shiro asked.

"I didn't know at the time. Until I stumbled across this area." Keith then pointed to a circled part of the large map. "It's an outcropping of giant boulders with caves, covered in these ancient markings. Each tells a slightly different story about a blue lion. But they all share clues leading to some event. Some arrival, and then you showed up." Keith explained, turning to Shiro. Shiro processed the information before turning to the other boys who were standing awkwardly behind to thank them too for rescuing him.

"So did anyone else from the crew make it out?" Pidge asked after shaking Shiro's hand.

"I'm not sure. I remember we were captured during our mission. After that it's bits and pieces." I noticed Pidge's face growing sadder for some reason.

"Uhm, sorry but back to the aliens. Where are they now? Are they trying to find us?" Hunk asked nervously.

"I can't really put it together. I remember them saying something about Voltron. It's some kind of weapon they're looking for but I don't know why. But it's probably not for a good purpose so we need to find it first."

"Well last night I was rummaging Pidge's stuff and I found this cute photo of him with a girl." Hunk innocently said as he looked through Pidge's bag and pulled out a photo.