Chapter 20

Ok so this chapter is going to be out of the series but I wanted to write this chapter to show reader's and Lilac's relationship. So hope you enjoy it and thank you for being patient with the update

"Urgh! I can't believe they caught us again!" Lance groaned as the blue lion quickly evaded an incoming blast. In front of us was an army of galra ships, continuously shooting at us.

"No point complaining that now! Just concentrate on taking them down!" Pidge complained as the green lion shot down two more ships. The place was like a total mess of galra ships and lions, lasers shooting from every direction. It felt like forever before we started to see the ship numbers decreasing.

"Allura, get the wormhole ready. I don't think these ships are going to stop coming so our best option is to escape while we still can."

"Yes! Escape and live. That's a very good plan. I like that plan." Hunk immediately agreed to Shiro's plan. Meanwhile in the galra command ship, one of Haggar's wizards was calmly watching the fight go on.

"Sir, the Altean ship is preparing for a wormhole jump." One of the soldiers reported.

"Good, just as according to plan. Get the cannon ready. Under Haggar's orders, we must get that lion, but most importantly its paladin." The wizard said as he continued to watch the battle go on.

Allura and Coran quickly got in the coordinates and waited for the right time to get the paladins out. "Alright we're ready. Make sure you guys are far enough to avoid any of the ships following us." Allura said before focusing her mind and creating a large wormhole.

"Ok team! Let's move!" Shiro called out. Keith and Hunk went in first, followed by Lance and the ship. Just as the last three lions were about to enter, the galra command ship readied the cannon and shot it right at the purple lion.

"AARRGH!" I screamed in shock and pain from the sudden blast.

"(y/n)!!" I heard Pidge and Shiro exclaim when they saw my lion taking the hit. My body felt weak and I could feel Lilac's energy almost gone. "Hang on! We're coming!" Shiro said as he and Pidge flew their lions towards me, but they were held back by galra ships who flew in front of my purple lion and shot them away. I struggled to get Lilac to move, but she just wasn't responding. I looked up and saw Shiro and Pidge trying to get to me but there were too many lasers. I then saw the wormhole slowly closing.

"Guys! You need to leave now! You have to get out before the wormhole closes!" I called out.

"No way! We're not leaving you here!" Pidge shot back.

"You have to! We can't let the galra take the black and green lions too."

"Neither are we letting them take the purple lion and you." Shiro grunted as he evaded the lasers. My lips pursed nervously and I suddenly felt something pulling me and Lilac in.

"They're taking her in!" Pidge cried out in a panicked voice. I looked back to see some weird purple light drawing me into the galra's command ship. There wasn't enough time.

"Shiro, Pidge please! You have to get out of here. I'll be fine, you guys need to get out of here and regroup with the others." I cried out. Shiro and Pidge shared the same unsure looks, not wanting to leave their teammate but also knowing they couldn't stay here. Shiro's hands gripped the handles tightly, making up his mind after much struggle.

"Pidge! We need to retreat!" Pidge was shocked at Shiro's orders, but knew it had to be done. "(y/n), we'll make sure to get you back! I swear on it." Shiro stared at the purple lion with determined eyes.

"I know you will." I smiled sadly as I saw the two lions escaping through the wormhole just before it disappeared. I suddenly felt a wave of nervousness as I felt myself drawn closer to the galra ship. All alone...