Chapter 15

"Anything good Pidge?" I asked as I sat beside her on the couch and leaned to see her computer. Scrump was soundly sleeping on my lap.

"It's hard since we only got so little of Sendak's memories. And we can't really go back to him since Shiro sent him off to space." Pidge remarked, eyes on the screen and fingers typing. I sighed and continued to look. Just then we heard a cough and looked up to see Allura standing in front of us.

"Oh hey Allura. I see you've rested well. Need something?" I asked. After the whole incident of losing her Father, we made Allura get some real rest to gather back her energy.

"Yes, in fact I have a favour to ask the two of you." Pidge and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. I nodded to let her go on. "I would like to propose that we have a small girls night together. Just for tonight."

"Uh Allura, is this really the best time for that? Because we kind of have a war going on and we're very close to the enemy." Pidge murmured.

"I thought we all needed the day to relax. I've heard from Coran the Galra crystal corrupted the castle and gave you Paladins a lot of trouble. Plus, I thought it would be fun to have a night, just us girls." Allura explained with eager in her voice. Pidge looked conflicted about the idea but I was up for it.

"I don't mind." Pidge spun to look at me. "Come on it'll be fun. Plus, you've been analysing those memories for a long time. Time to give your body and mind a rest. You'll work much better if you did." I said and Allura nodded. Pidge looked at us and sighed.

"Ok fine, I guess I'll come along. It has been a long time since I ever had a girls night." Pidge mumbled, cheeks slightly blushed and her finger awkwardly scratching her cheek. Then the doors opened and the guys walked out.

"Oh hey girls. What's up?" Lance asked.

"Oh, Allura just asked us to-Mmph!!" My mouth was suddenly covered by Allura's hand and she gave a hushed look.

"Huh? Asked you to what?" Keith asked suspiciously.

"Oh I just asked her a few things about Earth." Allura excused but the guys didn't seem to buy it. "A-anyways, since we all had such a hectic day, I've decided that we should all have the rest of the day off."

"A day off? Seriously?! Yes!" Lance cheered, he and Hunk pumping up their fists.

"Are you sure princess? It seems a little odd to have one right now." Shiro asked. Pidge was about to reply but Allura covered her mouth too.

"Yes, rest is very important for any soldier. So run along, get going with your own stuff." Allura said. Lance and Hunk were the first ones out. Keith and Shiro were a little concerned but took advantage of the day. Allura finally let go of her hand and let the two of us take a breath.

"Did you really have to do that?!" Pidge muttered.

"I just don't want the guys to know about it. They may want to come in and intrude, especially Lance." Oh yeah, Lance would probably want to come in, especially when there's probably gonna be a lot of girl gossip inside. Pidge thought of the same thing too and nodded in agreement.

~Timeskip~

After changing into our nightwear, we went to Allura's room. Allura opened the door for us and it was definitely much finer than ours. She is a princess after all. Scrump jumped off my shoulder and went to play with the mice while the girls and I sat on the soft carpet at the foot of her bed.

"I'm so excited for this. I've never experienced a girls' night before." Allura gleefully said. "I know I was the one who initiated the plan, but what exactly do you humans on girls' nights?" Knowing Pidge also didn't have much experience with this, I thought for a while before answering.