Chapter 3

"I'm surprise we can actually breathe normally here." I commented once all of us stepped out. "It's like a second Earth if you ask me." Suddenly the lion moved on its own and gave out a loud roar. The carvings on the castle doors glowed in blue and it slowly opened by itself.

"Oh! It opened the door. Guess I was wrong about you lion." I heard Hunk murmur behind me, finding him hiding behind me this whole time. We slowly walked inside the dark hallway. It seemed to have been left abandoned for a long time. Light suddenly shone above us and encased us in a blue barrier. White light glowed around us like it was scanning our bodies.

"What are you doing?! What do you want from us?" Shiro called out, hoping to get an answer. After the scan, blue flames lit along the walls, shining a pathway as if telling us to go there. As we followed the pathway, we reached upon another large room with large pillars encircling the room.

"It's like some kind of control room." Pidge said as he went up to some sort of control device. A symbol glowed and suddenly two pod like things rose from the ground. I could almost see dark silhouettes of people in the pods. Smoke fumed out and the screen magically disappeared, revealing a young women with long white hair and dark skin, and looked to be a princess.

"Ah! Father!" The woman suddenly gasped a breath and cried out. Her body became weak and she almost fell to the ground if not for Lance being there to catch her. As she looked up at him, I noticed his cheeks blushing but quickly went away when he put on a smug grin. Oh no...Here we go again.

"Hello." He said in a seductive voice.

"Who are you?" She asked with concern. "Where am I?"

"I'm Lance, and you're right here in my arms." I nearly chocked at his useless excuse for a pickup line.

"Your ears...They're hideous, what's wrong with them?" She plainly said. I chuckled softly, approving her reaction.

"Nothing's wrong with them! Wh-!" Lance was cut short when the girl suddenly pulled his ear and did a body hold and vice grip on him.

"Who are you?! Where is King Alfor?! What are you doing here in my castle?!" If only I had time to relish in the moment. But being a good friend, I have to save him.

"A giant blue lion brought us here. But that's all we know." I said and Lance nodded furiously. She looked up at me and then to the others.

"How do you have the blue lion? What happened to its paladin?" she asked in an autocratic tone. "Unless...How long has it been?" She softly asked, releasing her grip on Lance.

"We don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you tell us who you are? Maybe we can help." Shiro calmly negotiated so that he wouldn't cause any more panic.

"I'm princess Allura from planet Altea. I've got to find out where we are, and how long we've been asleep." She walked to the control panel and once she put her hands on it, a hologram screen. As she was searching through, the second pod started to open up and this time it was a man with a very large orange mustache. His eyes travelled to Lance and gave a panicked look. Before you knew it, he jumped kicked towards Lance, but missed 'marvelously'. In a matter of seconds, the two of them were showing off their 'moves', leaving us to do nothing but stare. I was impressed the women could ignore all of this.

"It can't be!" the women finally said.

"What is it?" The new man asked.

"We've been asleep...for 10,000 years!" Say what?! "Planet Altea, and all the planets in our solar system have been destroyed. Our entire civilisation..." Her eyes looked up but had hate in them. "Zarkon." She hissed with venom in her voice. I probably guessed that he was the one who attacked us. And he must mean bad news since Shiro froze at the sound of his name.