Chapter 10

The next day, all of us went to the healing pods to check on Lance's progress. He still looked like he was healing and sleeping.

"I can't tell if he looks healthy, or not." Hunk murmured.

"I think he's breathing weird." Pidge commented, her face close against the pod's screen.

"Oh come on!" Keith impatiently said and tapped the screen.

"No! Give him a few more ticks." Allura swatted his finger away.

"How much better do you think he's gonna get in a few more ticks?" Keith asked in an annoyed and sarcastic tone.

"And what exactly is a tick?" Pidge asked.

"You know, a time slash."

"You mean like a second?" Shiro asked.

"What is a second?" Pidge held up a stopwatch to show her a few seconds. "I'm not sure. I think ticks are bigger. Coran, do you have a ticker?"

"Right here princess." Coran pulled out their own version of a stopwatch, showing only four points.

"I think ticks are a little slower." Hunk commented.

"I can't tell. I think we have to start over and start at the same time." Pidge suggested and she and Coran restarted before starting at the same time. Soon all of us forgot the boy in the healing pod and crowded around the two stopwatches.

"Yes! I think we're winning." Hunk gleefully said.

"Winning what? The intergalactic time measuring competition?" Keith sarcastically remarked. Hunk nodded before looking back at the watches. This is ridiculous...

"You guys having a clock party?" All of us froze and looked up, staring at Lance who suddenly was standing there.

"Urgh Lance! You just ruined it- Huh Lance! You're back!" Hunk finally processed it and squeezed the still recovering guy in a tight bear hug.

"What happened?" Lance murmured.

"We can tell you later. You should get something to eat first. Can you walk?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Talking, eating? Are you asking me out on a date (y/n)?" All the compassion I had for him flew right out of the window and I removed my hand and crossed my arms. Everyone groaned in response.

"Yup, there he is" (Pidge)

"Yup, he's ok." (Shiro)

"Classic..." (Keith)

~Timeskip~

"You'd be Sendak's prisoner right now if not for Pidge." Allura said, smiling at Pidge.

"Well it was Hunk and Coran who brought back the new crystal. Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to operate the healing pods." Pidge responded.

"Wow, thanks you guys." Lance smiled, while feeding the fat mice some of his green goo. "Sounds like the mice and alien did more than you." He then turned to Keith who flinched.

"I punched Sendak!" Keith defended himself.

"Yeah, apparently after I (miraculously) rose back from a coma and blasted him down."

"We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!" I chuckled at Keith's reaction and surprising high pitch remark.

"Nope don't remember that." Keith glared at Lance's statement. "What happened to Sendak?" Lance asked.

"He's frozen in a crio-pod below the castle. We can't let a man like him out in space alone. Besides we might be able to get some information about Zarkon from him." Allura answered. That is, if he is even willing to tell us...