Chapter 28

(Reader's with Keith and Hunk)

I stared at the two boys in front of me nervously, with Hunk giving an extra close look at Keith.

"Are you trying to see if my skin is purple?" Keith muttered, shifting his eyes at Hunk.

"No...."

"Hunk, (y/n), Keith! Are you there?! Can you hear me?!" We suddenly heard Allura's panicked voice and saw her face showing on the screen in front of us.

"We're here. What's wrong princess?" Keith asked.

"You must return to the castle! I need you!" The three of us looked at each other.

"We're on our way." I stated.

"So what do we do now?" Lance asked while he flew the blue lion at a calm pace.

"Let's contact Allura and let her know we have Slav. She'll get the teladuv ready for us to return to the castle." Pidge said.

"You didn't say we'd be travelling by teladuv!" Slav suddenly popped in and exclaimed. Shiro stayed quiet but his face started to turn red.

"What's the problem? We're travelling by teladuv! So just count your hair follicles, or fluff a pillow, or whatever you need to do to make sure we survive the wormhole trip in this reality!!" Pidge and Lance shrunk back in shock. Who knew Shiro could loose his temper like that...

"I was just going to point out that the teladuv is a very efficient form of travel..." Slav whimpered, playing with his fingers.

"Paladins, are you there?" Allura's serious voice suddenly spoke.

"Princess, what's happening?" Lance asked in concern when he saw Allura's screen fogging.

"That monster that attacked us on the Balmera has returned! I need you to return immediately!" Allura explained in worry.

"You got it princess. Sharpshooter is on the way." Lance smirked.

"Sharpshooter?" Pidge repeated with a frown.

"It's my new nickname I gave myself. Just-Just pass it on." The two paladins sighed in defeat.

Allura channeled her energy and formed two womrholes for both the lions. Once we came out from the wormhole, we were met with a familiar alien, only bigger and much more powerful. And by its sides were large fragments of purple crystals.

"Whoa! How is that thing still operating? It doesn't even have a head?!" Lance cried out.

"I'm not too sure. But I think it somehow infused itself with the crystal which entrapped it. It's like it's using the balmera's power against us." I said just as Hunk avoided a large blast from the alien.

"What we need to focus on is to defeat that thing!" Shiro stated.

"How did we beat it the last time?" Keith asked.

"We formed Voltron then I stuck in my bayard and shot it with my blaster right in its arm lasers. But, that didn't stop it so then we had to punch it." Hunk explained.

"So we need to form Voltron." (Shiro)

"But we only have two lions." (Pidge)

"Maybe we can form the legs and kick it." Everyone deadpanned at Lance's 'smart' remark. Just then, the large alien used the crystal embedded in its center to blast another large beam, nearly taking the yellow lion down. Hunk managed to escape in time, but two planets faced severe consequences by being destroyed.

"That new laser is much more powerful. We're definitely gonna need all the lions." Shiro grunted from the impact. "Hunk, you need to keep it distracted so that we can fly back to get our lions. Once we get our lions out, we'll cover you so you can fly Keith and (y/n) in for Red and Lilac."