Chapter 4

"Wait! They're here already?!" Shiro said in a shocked voice.

"Yes. Unfortunately my calculations were a bit off. Finger counting is more of an art than a science." That's why you should never trust mental calculations. Just then, the screen began to fizz and a weird looking alien appeared on the large screen.

"Princess Allura, this is commander Sendak of the Garla empire." His words brought a chill to our spines. "I am here to confiscate the lions. Turn them over to me, or I will destroy your planet." And he cut off, just like that. Confiscate? What was he, a grade school discipline teacher?

"Ok, let's not panic." Shiro said.

"Don't panic?! That weird purple alien guy is driving its warship right towards us. We right now have five lions-"

"Four working lions to be exact." Hunk groaned at Pidge's smart comment and ignored him.

"We have four working lions and a castle that's at least 10,000 years old."

"Actually it's 10,600 years old." Coran stated and was about to go on but Hunk quickly shut him up.

"See? Now is the perfect time to panic."

"Wait, this castle has a particle barrier we can activate." Allura said. I quickly shut Lance's mouth before he could come up with another weird pick up line.

"But the particle barrier won't hold Sendak's cannon forever. Their technology must have advanced while we were sleeping." Coran investigated.

"We'll just have to figure out our plan of action. And figure it out quickly." Shiro says

"I say we pop into a wormhole and live to fight them another day." Lance suggested which was immediately seconded by Hunk.

"Yeah! I mean our best chance is Voltron but we can't even form it yet. The best we could do is use our lions to make... A snake. Maybe we can use that to slither through a wormhole." Hunk says. While the rest of us were trying to understand what Hunk was babbling about, Lance walked up to stand between Allura and Coran.

"Then it's decided. Allura, you can ride with me." Lance smirked at her, making her deadpan. "You can just slot yourself into another lion." He told Coran who gave him a very annoyed look.

"We can't just leave this planet to be destroyed. And even if we do leave, they will still destroy this planet then come after us. Plus, we need to get that Red Lion if we want to get the Black Lion and form Voltron." I said.

"(Y/n)'s right. Staying is our only option." Keith said in a firm tone. Lance clicked his tongue and glared at him.

"Here's another option, shut your quiznak!" He retorted, spooking Allura and Coran off.

"I don't think you're using that word correctly." Keith shot back with a growl. Soon all of us were arguing about whether to stay or leave. Keith, Pidge and I for staying and Lance and Hunk for leaving.

"Stop it!" Shiro's voice boomed and all of us fell silent but avoided looking at each other. "Princess Allura these are your lions. You dealt with the Galra before, you know what we're facing better than any of us. What do you think is the best curse of action?" Allura seemed to be in a conflict, she probably never experienced having to make a tough decision.

"Maybe your Father can help." Allura's eyes widened at Coran's suggestion. Coran brought her to another place while the rest of us stayed behind. I took the chance to confront Lance. I got his attention by pinching his ear. Making him cry it in pain and glaring down at me.

"Do you always have to create a fight every once in a while? What happened to working as a team?" I said.

"I'm just doing what's right and what will keep us alive! What that guy's doing right now is sending us to our death beds." Lance complained.