Chapter 24

"Ok look, I now know for certain that Zarkon is tracking us through the Black Lion. We have to find some way to stop him." Shiro said.

"How are we gonna do that?" Pidge asked.

"We've never had this situation before. Two paladins battling for the same lion." Allura said.

"Well to be honest, we're kind of only the second group of people who have taken the role of Paladins. I'm pretty sure we've been through more interesting situations compared to the originals." I joked but was greeted with an unamused silence, making me nervously rub my arm in embarrassment.

"Well unless we want Zarkon to take control of Voltron every time we get close, I'll have to forge a new bond with my lion. One that's stronger than his." Shiro said, trying to think of how he's going to do just that.

"Well while you're working on that, the rest of us need to find some new teladuv lenses. Otherwise we won't be able to travel via wormhole." Coran said.

"Is that something we have to mail order?" Hunk asked curiously.

"Does anyone even make those anymore?" Keith asked.

"I don't know. Only a few Alteans could use the teladuv ten thousand years ago. They may not exist anymore." Allura sighed. While pulling his moustache, Coran seemed to have figured out a way.

"I may know where we could get some." Coran went to type in something on the keyboard and soon the screen showed a picture of him in some Arabian like market place and a few other pictures of alien thugs.

"Coran! You're not suggesting on going to one of those filthy swap moons! The last time you went there, those space pirates took you for everything you had!" Allura retorted, crossing her arms.

"Space pirates?" Lance asked.

"Swap moons?" I continued on.

"The Unilu were traders and pirates that roamed the galaxies and delat in black market goods. Umvy spice, By-tor water, little bottles of infinity vapor. Of course you had to bargain. No one could bargain like the Unilu. Last time, I ended up giving away three quarters of my shipment of lango in exchange for a used pogo oscillator." Coran laughed and Allura laughed along.

"Father was not pleased about that." She laughed and said. Then I noticed in the picture of Coran in the market, I could see King Alfor standing behind with a smile.

"Well while Coran's picking up his lenses, I'll take you shopping for something sparkly." Lance said while getting closer to Allura. He just doesn't give up doesn't he?

"This isn't shopping!!" Coran Jumped in between them, scolding Lance. "You're not wandering around saying: "Oh what a lovely pink hat! This is so becoming."" Coran acted like a girl before crossing his arms into an X form. "No! I cannot allow Allura to get anywhere near those filthy, lowballing Unilu hoodlums!" Coran stated like an overprotective father.

"But I love something sparkly." Allura begged, putting on her best pleading face.

"Look, you're the only one who can operate the castle. You need to be resting after all you've been through." Coran sighed before turning away, making Allura slump her shoulder and frown. "Now, let's ready a pod for our mission. We need to get in find the scaultrite lenses and just get out." Coran instructed and headed to the pods.

"Shotgun!" Lance called out before running after Coran.

"What?! No! You have to be in the pod bay to call shotgun!" Hunk cried out while chasing after him. Keith, Pidge and I just quietly followed after them.

"Ha! Since when?" (Lance)

"Since forever. That's shotgun etiquette. I wrote a book." (Hunk)

~Shiro~