Chapter 25

"As much as it pains me to say this. It was kind of funny seeing Pidge and Lance's reaction when they found out they couldn't play with the console." I commented as I replaced the broken lenses with the ones Coran got. I heard Shiro chuckle behind me.

"Well once we defeat Zarkon and get back to Earth, they'll have plenty of time to play with it." Shiro said as he finished up his side. Once we get back to Earth... I wonder how much has changed since the time we left Earth. "What's wrong?" I turned to see Shiro looking at me with slight worry.

"It's just.... I just wonder how long it's been since we left Earth. I hope it hasn't been too long, my aunt would worry herself to sick..." I mumbled as I placed in the last lens.

"It'll be ok. We're getting closer to defeating Zarkon so we'll be home soon enough." I smiled a little and we walked out of the tunnel for Coran to check on the system.

"Great, the teladuv's working well. Thanks for the help." Coran said as I passed him the broken lenses. "It should take us a while before we reach the Mamora's headquarters, so I suggest you two take a break first." We nodded and left the room. It was a quiet walk until Shiro spoke up.

"Hey (y/n)." I hummed and looked up to him. "I just wanted to thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"About what you said, about forming a trust between my lion. It really helped me in my fight against Zarkon."

"Zarkon?! Wait! You fought with Zarkon?! Why didn't you call any of us?!" I exclaimed with my face paled.

"No, it's not exactly what you think it is." Shiro immediately corrected. Soon he explained what happened in the stasis, his fight with Zarkon and how the Black Lion finally chose him to forge a new and stronger bond. "So anyways, I just wanted to thank you. If it weren't for your advice, I probably would have lost my bond my lion. Maybe even my life..." Shiro whispered the last part. My lips tightened, I couldn't imagine losing Shiro forever. I...The team would have been so distraught.

"I'm glad my advice helped." I smiled and said. Then I noticed a few bruises on his arm and his tired eyes. "Well, I guess that would explain why you look so tired. You probably should get this patched up too." I said and Shiro looked at his arm.

"I guess I never realised it." Shiro chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "I guess I should take Coran's advice and get some rest. Make sure to wake me when we reach the headquarters." I nodded and gave a thumbs up, making him softly chuckle. As we were about to walk our separate ways, something grabbed my wrist. I was suddenly pulled into a hug, frozen inside buff arms. "Thank you (y/n). You may not know it, but you really saved my life." Shiro's deep voice whispered into my ear, making me blush even more. He pulled away and gave a warm smile before walking away. Leaving me at the corridor, frozen and bashful. Wh-Wh-Why would he do that...? I...need to drink something...

Meanwhile while Shiro was walking back to his room, he felt his face starting to heat up. Covering the bottom of his flushed face with his hand, he thought of how bold he was at that moment. What was he thinking?

 What was he thinking?