Chapter 16

After being woken up by Coran and freshening up for the day, Pidge quickly went back to decoding Sendak's memories for any clues to take down Zarkon's plans. We all gathered in the main control room, crowding around Pidge as she continued to work.

"I don't think your father would approve of you searching through an enemy's memories." Coran remarked.

"I know, but we have to do everything we can to defeat Zarkon." Allura replied back.

"Once we know all of his weaknesses, we can drive to his front door and challenge him to a fight. Winner gets the universe!" Lance commented in a prideful tone and posture, making us all deadpan at him.

"Anything good yet Pidge?" Shiro asked, ignoring Lance entirely.

"I'm only able to salvage bits and pieces." Pidge answered. Keith sighed and stood up straight.

"We need something to work with. Right now we don't even have a decent map of the empire." He said.

"Who needs a map? After 10,000 years of conquering, I can probably fire my bayard at any random point in space and hit a Galra ship." Lance remarked. He does have a valid point.

"If we could find some troop locations or supply routes. Small targets we could hit and run. Then we could start to free planets one by one." Shiro murmured.

"Boring! How 'bout the big kaboom?" Lance asked with his fists up. Shiro looked at him with a displeased face.

"Zarkon's been building his empire for 10,000 years, we're not gonna tear it down with six inexperienced pilots and one support ship. Hitting where he lives would be a huge mistake." Shiro shot Lance down.

"Ok, I've crossed referenced Sendak's memories with the info from the downship I got back on Arus. Most of it was a mess but one thing kept repeating. Something called a universal station." Pidge said.

"Universal station? Like the kind of station that controls the entire universe?" Hunk asked as he put his face close to the screen. Pidge frowned and pushed him away.

"Well we are translating it from Galra, so it could also be galatic hub." Pidge said.

"Or space base." Lance said and caused everyone to turn towards him with blank looks. "What?"

"I'm pulling up the location of your universal hub...station...base on our screens now." Coran went to the controls and a screen appeared showing three planets.

"So, where is it?" I asked. All three planets were circled with blue rings.

"I don't know. Our long range sensors aren't able to find anything with those coordinates." Coran said.

"Maybe he remembered it wrong." Keith said.

"Or maybe we've stumbled upon a top secret base in Sendak's memories." Pidge suggested.

"Only one way to find out. Let's go take a look." At Allura's command, the ship flew towards that location. After a few minutes we slowly got closer to the place. I heard snoring and turned to see Hunk sleeping upside down on the chair. I poked his waist and he suddenly woke up, falling onto the floor. I chuckled softly while he gave a bashful expression.

"We should be close enough to get a good scan but far away from being noticed." Allura said on the control podium. As we got closer, we saw a small planet with a large ship stuck on it, hidden in the middle of the three planets. And of course, Galra ships were flying around it.

"It appears the gravitation between the three planets wraps this one away from any scanners." Coran inquired.

"This place must handle shipments for the Galra." Shiro said.