How It All Started (Part 2)

A/N: Kotoko's disease, diagnosis, causes, symptoms, treatment- everything is written out of imagination which does not have any logical explanation.

.............................................................

(Kotoko's POV)

I knocked into her cabin door. "Come in." I entered her cabin after I got her permission.

"Ah Irie-san. I was waiting for you."

"Hello Dr. Furukawa." I smiled at her.

"Take a seat." She smiled back. "Irie-san, I have gone through your reports several times. Honestly this does not look good. I am sorry to say that but does anyone in your family suffered from Neuroshia?" She straight went to the point.

I felt like my heart dropped into the stomach. I didn't know how to respond to that. So far I knew my mother died suffering this and this was after I was born. This disease wasn't supposed to occur genetically. Sensing me unable to respond, Dr. Furukawa continued. 

"Some of your reports indicate this disease. But it could be wrong because this disease is very rare and hard to identify. I will suggest you to go and consult into the Neuro-Hope Hospital. They are currently researching on that disease and I am sure they will provide you the best result."

It took another few minutes before I could reply to her. "Thank you doctor. I will do as you suggested." I took all my reports from her and was about to leave when I remembered something.

"Doctor Furukawa, can you do me a favour?" 

She nodded. Then I said slowly, "Can you keep this matter only to you? I mean everyone will get really worried. No one actually knew I went through so many tests and I want to be 100% sure before I tell anyone."

"I understand Irie-san." She gave me an assuring smile.

"Err... I didn't share this with Irie-kun either. So umm..."

"But Irie-san! You should tell him soon." Her smile was gone and she looked worried.

"I will. Just give me some time. Let me be sure about this. I don't want to worry him unnecessarily. I hope you can understand." I explained looking down.

"I will suggest you to tell him soon. Also don't worry about me telling him. He and I are not in touch and even if I see him, this should be your decision to tell him. You are my patient and I will respect your privacy."

"Thank you so much doctor... for everything." I smiled at her again before I left.

I went straight out of the hospital after that. I couldn't think properly. I didn't know much about Neuroshia. All I knew was that it's some kind of disease that slowly kills a person. I started to walk towards home thinking hard. 'Irie-kun... He will get so much worried.' I felt terrible. 

By the time I reached home I'd decided 2 things. A, I won't tell about this to anyone until I was sure. B, I needed to find out more about this disease and mom's condition before I go to Neuro-Hope for check-up.

"I'm home." I said shutting the front door behind me.

"Welcome home Kotoko-chan." oka-san said who was preparing dinner. "How was your day?"

"It was fine." I forced a smile at her.

After changing I came downstairs to help oka-san preparing the dinner. After dinner I went to my room earlier than I usually do as I plan on researching on Neuroshia. I turned on the computer but I felt scared for some unknown reason. I decided to call Irie-kun. I wondered if he would answer as he usually doesn't and sometimes calls back but mostly ignores. But that is justified because I called him way too much after he first moved. Finally when he got mad for that I reduced calling into 2 or 3 times a day and his answering reduced to once or none. To my great joy he answered.