#4 Rejection

(General POV)

Kotoko wanted to leave for Kobe in the Sunday morning. But Tomoko called her to remind her about their group assignment which was due Tuesday. She couldn't ignore it as she will be absent on Monday if she leaves for Kobe today. So in the morning she informed oka-san that she will leave for Kobe directly from Tomoko's house after she finishes her assignment. 

The assignment took longer than they expected. It was nearly noon and Tomoko insisted that she should have the lunch with her. It takes 6 hours to reach Kobe from Tokyo. 

It was nearly 8:30 pm when she reached there and due to the long journey and the stress of how she should break this news to Naoki, she fell ill. She vomited as soon as she was out of the train. She felt dizzy and the muscle pain was back. 

She was taken into the medical care room inside the station for some rest. She called Naoki to inform her situation but he didn't receive. She was out of energy to call again. She lied down on the bed and decided to rest for some time. Mrs. Irie called her after a while.

...

(Kotoko POV)

Irie-kun what are you doing? Why don't you ever receive your calls? What do I do? I was thinking what to do when my cell rang. Irie-kun! I jumped into sitting position on the bed leading my head to spin. Ah damn. It was oka-san who called. Oh no! I forgot to inform her. She must be worried.

"Hello oka-san."

"Kotoko-chan, did you reach Kobe yet?" Oka-san sounded worried.

"Yes but I'm still in the station oka-san. I would have called you once I reached to Irie-kun's apartment." I tried to sound cheerful so that she wouldn't worry.

"Oh that's good. Have a nice time then Kotoko-chan." Oka-san sounded happy.

"Yes I will." I giggled.

I lied back again after cutting off the connection. The muscle ache was killing me. Why did it have to come now! It was nearly 9:45 pm when my head seemed to clear a bit and the pain reduced. I got down from the bed and thanked the station doctor for his help. I started to walk on the path which will lead me to Irie-kun's apartment. 

Fortunately this time things went right and I found his apartment. I took a deep breath standing in front of his apartment building. After leaving my details into the front security desk, I went to the lift. It was already on the ground floor. I entered and pressed the floor where Irie-kun lives. Irie-kun, I'm coming. I mumbled as the lift started to move upward.

...

(Naoki POV)

I shut the book and closed my eyes for a moment. My head was pounding with headache. I assisted in a 2 days long surgery on a 5 year old boy who had head injury. I returned home at 7:30 pm. After shower I had a light dinner and then sat down to study. But I was so tired that couldn't concentrate. 

My eyes fell on the only photo frame that was on the table when I opened them. It had a picture of Kotoko and my wedding. It was a rare picture because in that I was holding her around her waist instead of her clinging onto my arm. I was told by the photographer to do that but I didn't mind doing it. But of course I didn't show it. 

The photo brought a smile to my face. I suddenly remembered I didn't answer her calls from the past 4 days. I was too busy with the surgery. In fact I only talked once with her in the whole week. Probably she is busy studying since she didn't call much? 

I took out the phone which was still in my coat pocket and swiped it open. It had 3 missed calls from Kotoko and 2 from my mother. My mother also left a massage nearly an hour ago. I decided to check that first.