#21 Kobe conference

(Kotoko POV)

I woke up early in the following morning. After freshening up I went downstairs to prepare breakfast. When I went back into the room, Irie-kun was already up and was in the bathroom. I quickly changed into my working attire. When he came out of the bathroom he just glanced at me but didn't say anything. Great, he wasn't talking to me. I felt a little sad. To my great relief, he has changed his decision and was going to Kobe for the conference. Although, he didn't seem to be happy about it. I left for work early. Yuki-kun insisted to drop me at work at least. I didn't object. It was fine as long as he doesn't come inside with me.

I went straight to Dr. Ayano to inform him about my allergic incident. He scolded me for being careless and not coming to Hope straight away yesterday. But he immediately started testing me with all the required tests and informed Dr. Shinju about it. Hana and Mio helped them out. After 2 hours everything was done and the reports seemed okay. But Dr. Ayano strictly instructed to keep me under observation. When he was done with giving out all the instructions, he turned towards me.

"Kotoko-san, can I have a word with you?" I nodded and followed him to his cabin, mentally noting his cold voice. When I entered his cabin, I found Dr. Shinju already present there.

"Take a seat." He instructed me and went around his table to sit in his chair. I swallowed and sat in the chair across him next to Dr. Shinju.

"Kotoko-san, you clearly know how your condition is right now, don't you?" He asked me sounding a lot calmer than I thought he would.

"Yes doctor." I replied in a small voice.

"You know that your previous two months therapies didn't go well. And if the next therapy which is scheduled next week doesn't work, you will enter your 2nd stage of Neuroshia. Right?"

"That's right." I mumbled.

"Then why don't I see any progress on informing your family about your condition Kotoko-san?" Dr. Ayano asked me with serious voice. I remained silent looking down.

"Kotoko-san, you promised us you won't take long in informing your family about you when you started your treatment. It's been more than a year already." Dr. Shinju said kindly.

"I know doctor. I will tell them soon. I thought I was doing fine on my own so I kept it a secret."

"You were doing fine, yes. That is why we supported you in this. But not anymore. I have been telling you from the last 2 months that you need to stay in the hospital for longer during your therapy. We need to change your medicines so we need to observe you more. But you don't seem to bother at all. Is it because you are not taking the treatment seriously? Or is it that you are not taking us seriously as your doctors because we are also your colleagues?" Dr. Ayano was angry. I shook my head frantically at him.

"It's not that. Believe me doctor Ayano. I have never for a single moment took my condition lightly and I respect all of you with my heart. It's... just that... it's really hard to break the news to my family." I looked down feeling helpless.

"Well you had your fair share of time to figure that out. I'll give you 3 more days. I'm going out of town to attend a conference in Neuroshia. When I return I want to see your guardian with you. You make sure you do that because if you don't then I will have to contact your father personally. You left his contact information in your admission paper remember."

"Doctor Ayano!" I gaped at him feeling perplexed.

"Kotoko-san, I took that decision as your colleague. You need the support of your family. Do you understand?" He said softly.