#28 Guidance and Reassurance (part two)

(General POV)

With the mind-set to encounter another round of heart-breaking confrontation, Naoki and Kotoko descended the stairs. Their fathers and Yuki were having breakfast and Mrs. Irie was in the kitchen.

"Good morning everyone." Kotoko mumbled.

"Good morning." They all chorused back.

"You okay?" Her father asked her.

"Absolutely." She replied but that didn't seem to make anyone less worried.

No one is going to believe that anymore. I literally changed the meaning of 'I'm okay'. She mentally cursed herself.

"I'll go and see what oka-san is doing." With that she moved towards the kitchen.

She had personally apologised to everyone yesterday night for hiding everything. Undeniably they were hurt but they all assured her not to worry about anything and everything will be fine.

Her father and Mrs. Irie cried their hearts out hugging her. They told her she should have reached out to them. Also they were sorry for not noticing anything until now. Kotoko repeatedly apologized and promised them that she will never hide anything ever. Mr. Irie assured her that they will always be with her so she doesn't need to suffer alone.

Yuki on the other hand scolded her. He was the only one who fired out everything he was feeling. In the end, he reminded her that they were her family. She should depend on her family rather than fighting alone. She is precious to her family and they all care about her. Initially Kotoko appreciated that he was scolding because she deserved to be scolded and nobody else did that. But Yuki's last words brought tears in her eyes. But she smiled through them and promised she will always remember that.

"Oka-san, good morning." She greeted as she entered the kitchen.

"Good morning Kotoko-chan. How are you doing today?"

She wanted to repeat what she told the others but stopped when she remembered that won't work anymore.

"Better than yesterday oka-san." She replied instead.

"That's good. I cooked porridge for you. Here try some." She blew on a spoonful of porridge to cool it down and held it near Kotoko's mouth for her to try it. Kotoko took some in her mouth.

"It's delicious oka-san. I love it."

Mrs. Irie smiled delightedly at her. Kotoko smiled back.

.

They both joined the others for breakfast a while later. Mrs. Irie and Kotoko chattered about as usual stuffs while the men ate their food quietly. After cleaning up the breakfast table when everyone was done, Kotoko and Mrs. Irie went to the sitting room where the others were waiting for them. Naoki wanted to discuss matters with them all.

"What happened Naoki?" His mother asked him taking a seat next to Yuki while Kotoko went and sat near her father.

"Dr. Ayano already explained how the therapy works yesterday to you all." He replied looking at his mother, stating about the conversation they had with Dr. Ayano right after Kotoko fainted in the lunch time the previous day. "But we will make a few changes which will require her to stay longer in the hospital. She will be staying over in the hospital for more than two days from now on during therapy. At least a week, more or less."

"Yes, that's fine. I will take care of her foods and cloths." His mother replied.

Kotoko on the other hand was wondering why Naoki was not talking about what he was supposed to talk and was shocked at what she heard him say next.