#29 Friends Forever

(Kotoko POV)

The Sunday afternoon was warm. But I was slightly feeling cold. Probably my blood pressure was too law. I was sitting inside a booth at the Aihara. The whole booth was silent. Well it wasn't something that I wasn't expecting. Jinko and Satomi stared at me, dumbfounded. Kin-chan was breathing very fast and Chris was patting his arm while looking at me with concern.

I came to Aihara with otou-san. I invited Jinko and Satomi at the restaurant and asked otou-san to excuse Kin-chan and Chris for an hour.

I have just spilled the beans to them. I have hidden everything for too long. It was enough now. I finally understand that the people who consider you important and care about you the most shouldn't be deceived by you. But I did what I shouldn't have and now I would do everything that is right and make it up to them.

"What were you thinking?" Kin-chan retorted angrily.

"I'm sorry everyone. I don't even know how to express how sorry I am to you all right now."

"Kotoko you... you have been enduring everything alone for the entire time?" Satomi asked in astonishment. She had tears in her eyes.

"After I started having my treatment, I got so busy that I hardly had time to think over everything and time just went by."

It was true. I was so busy over the whole year that I hardly had time to see my friends. We only met occasionally. I met Kin-chan and Chris only when I visited the restaurant. Satomi was busy with her kid and Jinko with her career.

"Oh Kotoko... you silly girl." Jinko got up and hugged me form the side. Satomi also joined the hug from my other side. They were both crying.

"It must have been so hard for you." Satomi patted on my back.

"Kotoko, you did not even tell Naoki?" Chris asked in a low voice.

"I..." I sighed. How do I explain this to them?

"He must have been a jerk and didn't care about you. This is why you didn't tell him, isn't it?" Kin-chan still sounded angry. Actually I could tell that he was really hurt. He was just trying to be tough and sound angry so that he wouldn't cry.

"No Kin-chan. That's not true. He loves me more than I ever imagined. He loves me so much and I broke his heart. He is so heart-broken now. I don't even know what I was thinking. I shouldn't have hidden anything from the start." I voiced everything I was feeling to my best buddies. I needed it all out.

"Aww sweetheart, I'm sure he will understand that you didn't want to worry him." Chris got up saying that and gave me a hug.

"He is going to feel even more worried now. He will feel guilty and he will suffer for the rest of his life now. You made sure he sees through himself by doing that Kotoko." Kin-chan brutally said. He was finally trying to calm himself with inhaling deep breaths.

I felt so bad when I heard him say that and my eyes teared up. Chris slapped on Kin-chan's shoulder feeling irritated by the lack of his tact.

"Don't make her cry Kinnosuke." All three girls glared at him. He pouted at the mad girls but immediately paled and probably regretted his words when tears fell from my eyes.

"Kotoko..." He rushed to me pushing away the other girls. "Don't' cry!" He sounded horrified. He never wants to make me cry. That's him.

"Well, what you did was not right. Although it would teach that Irie a good lesson for neglecting his wife I might add..." He stopped abruptly when three hands punched on different parts of his body and they chorused.