2.

Lennen and Sawyer giggled through most of APES, mainly laughing at the kids who were constantly falling asleep and old vines Sawyer kept pulling up on her phone. APES was their favorite subject, other than Yearbook/Newspaper, and they loved their teacher, Ms. Schmidt. She was young and easily relatable, however, most of the guys had a crush on her since she was so young. When the girls weren't busy with Student Council during lunch, they liked to talk to Ms. Schmidt, who loved to gossip about the other teachers. She was a teacher that was just so likeable, and the girls formed a great connection with her. 

"It's time for another project!" Ms. Schmidt told her half-asleep class. This joyous announcement actually jolted a few of the students awake. Ms. Schmidt always came up with creative projects, allowing the students to truly enjoy them. "You will be working in a group of two, making your own ecosystem." Many students turned to each other, already knowing who they would pick as their partner since Ms. Schmidt always let them pick their own groups. "But this time, I am going to be picking groups. Sorry to disappoint you." She chuckles and so do a few other students. Ms. Schmidt starts reading off the groups, no one really paying attention until she got to their name. "Sawyer and Holden." Lennen looked at Sawyer, giggling quietly as Sawyer blushed. Sawyer had mentioned to Ms. Schmidt that she had a small crush on Holden, but she never thought that Ms. Schmidt would take action to get their relationship going. Sawyer and Holden had talked a few times before, but it was usually just during class projects. During those talks, Sawyer couldn't help but slowly start taking a liking to Holden. "Lennen and Jonas." Sawyer laughed, a little too loudly, causing almost everyone in the class to stare at her, including Jonas, who looked more confused than anyone else. Lennen's face was turning red due to embarrassment. She wasn't one to enjoy being the center of attention. She preffered to stay hidden behind her writing. She covered her face with her hands, hating what Sawyer caused. 

Rather than paying attention to Ms. Schmidt, Jonas was busy talking to Holden about how soccer season was just days away, and how he's been working on perfecting all the skills he learned while over in England for the summer at a camp. He stopped talking when he heard Ms. Schmidt say, "Sawyer and Holden." Jonas nudged Holden, since a lot of the guys thought Sawyer was one of the most attractive girls at the school, Holden included in those long list of guys. "Lennen and Jonas." Jonas was shocked, speechless actually, which is rare for Jonas. Holden nudged Jonas right back, knowing that Jonas had secretly been crushing on Lennen for the past two years. Then, Jonas heard a laugh, causing him to turn his head. He sees Sawyer laughing and Lennen with her head in her hands. Did Lennen not want to work with him? This was the first time that Jonas was feeling self-concious. He'd been known to be a little arrogant from time to time, knowing that he could get any girl he wanted. If Lennen didn't want to work with him, then he just figured he would act the same way. "Alright class, get with your partners." Lennen and Sawyer joined Holden and Jonas at a lab table, both pairs more than nervous to be working with their partners. 

Lennen looked over the list of ecosystems that Ms. Schmidt had handed out to each group after they assembled. "Which ecosystem do you want to do?" Lennen was truly fascinated with all of them, so she would be fine with whatever Jonas picked out. 

"I don't care, you pick," Jonas tells her, with no emotion. Lennen looked over at Sawyer, confused as to why Jonas was acting like this. She was actually excited to work with Jonas, get to know him before she had to write her articles on him. The due dates for her articles were weeks away, but if she would have to be spending this much time with Jonas during and outside of school, she wasn't sure how well written her articles would be, especially with Jonas acting like this.

"Is something wrong, Jonas?" Lennen didn't like being on bad terms with people, she was one who enjoyed focusing on the positive rather than the negative. Her optimism really lifted people's spirits; if anyone needed cheering up, they could always count on Lennen.