10.

After Lennen got back, for the next few days she had consistently seen Jonas with the same girl by his side. She was curious to know who the new girl was, wondering if it was Jonas' new girlfriend. It wouldn't surprise her if it was new girlfriend since Jonas could easily get any girl he wanted. She was pretty too, clearly someone Jonas would go for. 

Lennen didn't want things to get weird with Jonas, so she treated him the same as she did before coming to the realization that she meant nothing to Jonas. With the two still being friends, she had been desperately wanting to ask Jonas who the girl clinged to his side was. She was obviously a new student since no one had seen her around school before. However, Lennen didn't want to come off as jealous or wanting to hint that she was still interested in Jonas, despite knowing that he wouldn't feel the same way. 

During lunch, Lennen had decided to ask her friends about Jonas' mystery girl, as they're always the first to know about gossip. "Do you guys know who the girl Jonas has been with the past four days?" The new girl had been here four days, and if she was already dating Jonas then most of the girl population at the school would be out for her. 

"Yeah, she's Jonas' cousin, Adley. She transferred here from Pennsylvania with her parents and younger sister, Althea, who is a sophomore," Sawyer responds. "I was going to show her around school on Monday, but she had told me that she knew someone who went here, and they had offered to show her the ropes." Lennen almost choked on her water when Sawyer had mentioned that she was Jonas' cousin. "Me being me was curious to know how she had already knew someone that attends this school, so I asked her and she told me that Jonas was her cousin. The family had been wanting to move out of Pennsylvania for a few years, and they figured that they would live near family, so they moved here. They have different last names, meaning that Jonas' mom is related to one of her parents."

"I can't believe how fast you found out all this information," Ellis laughs, though not at all surprised because if Sawyer wants information, she will get it anyway she can, something she uses regullary for her articles. 

"Why were you so curious about Adley, Lennen? Were you jealous?" Margo jokes, but quickly turns serious when she notices the red on Lennen's cheeks. "Oh my gosh. You like Jonas." The three girls squeal in excitement about the new information. 

"How long have you liked him? Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Sawyer asks, a little upset with Lennen for not knowing about her crush sooner. She had been wanting Jonas and Lennen to get together for months, but Lennen had always brushed it off, saying she wasn't interested. 

"You guys always turn my crushes into a big deal, wanting us to get together right away. Remember sophomore year when I had a crush on Duke Petty, the lacrosse player who goes to Sage Hill High School, and you guys tried to set us up on a date. Do you remember how that went?" Lennen reminds her friends. The four girls had been friends with Duke since middle school, and he had attended North Shore up until sophomore year, then transferred to Sage Hill. 

"Yes, the date went awful, but you guys ended up going out again, and he's been your only boyfriend," Ellis responds. The three knew that Duke returned Lennen's feelings, so they decided to set them up. Despite not wanting involvement from their friends, Lennen and Duke couldn't say no. The disasterous date was followed by a great one the next day, and eventually it eventually became a relationship. "You two were so great. I was really bummed when you broke up."

"It was a mutal split. We're still friends, and our families are great friends as well. In fact, they were also on our trip to New York. I enjoyed being able to hang out with Duke again. Plus, Oliver and his younger sister, Kiana, get along really well. I think our parents are even working on more travel plans in the future," Lennen laughs, though she new she would be consistenly traveling with the Petty's since their dads were business partners. Despite being broken up for a little over a year now, she still enjoyed talking and spending time with Duke. They were good friends before they started dating, and with an amicable split, it was easy to remain friends.