24.

It was Friday, which meant it was the first game of the season for North Shore's lacrosse. Lennen was so excited to see her brother play, knowing that he had been working extremely hard at practice and at home. Being the only freshman on the team for the first time in three years, Oliver had a lot to prove, and he wasn't going to waste this chance. 

"North Shore, you all look amazing in your beach/aloha/hawaiian gear to support the beginning of our lacrosse season. I know the players appreciate your support and we all hope to see you at the football field after school today as the boys take on Irvine," Lennen says, starting the announcements for the day. "Teachers please excuse the JV and Varsity baseball players at 2:00, as they are traveling to face off at Segerstrom. Good luck boys! Calling out all RoarCore members the swim team has a meet tomorrow at home at 11:00, taking on Tustin and Sage Hill. Be there and make a splash! Good luck to all our swimmers. Have a good weekend North Shore and we'll see you on Monday." Lennen finished off the announcements and sat with Sawyer, who was going through everyone's work on plans for upcoming events. 

"Is it weird that I'm nervous?" Sawyer asks Lennen, after the two had been sitting in silence for a few minutes.

"Well it depends on what you're referring to," Lennen answers, laughing a little, since Sawyer's question didn't have any context to it. 

"I'm not really sure, actually. I'm nervous about a lot of things. Today's lacrosse game, for starters. Holden is playing, and I have no idea how to act. I've never been a girlfriend to an athlete, or really to anyone, actually. I'm not really sure what to do. Also, I'm overseeing all the juniors work for their Junior Prom, which is a month away. I'm not exactly why I have to oversee their project, but that hasn't been that fun. And we still have all our finishing touches to Senior Week and Senior Ball. Then, we have graduation and soon off to college." Sawyer was always busy, and never really had a moment to take a break. 

"You have nothing to worry about, Sawyer. You and Holden have been dating for over a month, and there really isn't a right or wrong way to act at a sport's game. You can just go along with the rest of the crowd and cheer extra loud for Holden. As for the Junior Prom, you shouldn't have to deal with that stuff, it should be the Junior Class President. If they can't do their job, then that is their fault, not yours. Everything related to the senior class is going to be amazing. We have put in so much work to make sure that it's going to everything we ever imagined it to be," Lennen comforts her friend. "We're in the home stretch, there's only two months of school left and then we are off to college."

"I know, and I'm excited for college, but I just can't help but worry about how things are going to turn out in the last few months." Sawyer was never one to talk about her worries because she was in the position of power, and she couldn't let the school see that side of her, or else they would worry. 

"Sawyer, I know you are worried, but we have everything under control. We've been planning our senior activities for months, making sure everything is exactly the way it should. I promise you that you are worrying over nothing." Lennen knew how much stress Sawyer was under all the time, and she was always there to help calm her down, knowing that she could easily freak out and want to change everything they had planned. 

"Thanks, Lennen." Sawyer was lucky to have Lennen as her best friend. She was reliable and she always knew what to say to calm her down when she was in her moments of panic. The subject was quickly dropped, knowing that it was something Sawyer didn't like to talk about. They finished up consulting with the rest of the classes for what they wanted to do with their future at North Shore and how they wanted things to go once the seniors were gone. That had taken up the rest of the period, and soon the bell rang. 

The four girls met up with their friends, except Jonas, Dorian, and Cruz who had left early for baseball, and headed to the football field to watch the boys lacrosse take on Irvine. Lennen and Sawyer were the most excited since both Holden and Oliver were playing, and everyone else was just happy to be there and cheer on their friends and classmates. As everyone was continuing toward the field, Lennen stayed behind so she could wait for Kiana and Duke, since they had promised to be here to cheer on Oliver in his first game. A few minutes later, she had gotten a text from Kiana saying they had just pulled into the parking lot and would see her in a few. Duke and Kiana had walked toward the entrance of the football field, spotting Lennen waiting for them. The two greeted their long time friend and went to find the rest of Lennen's friends. 

"Hey, Duke!" Miles greets his old friend. The two quickly hugged and started doing a quick catch up, as it's been a while since the two had seen each other. The only person who didn't know who Duke was, was Adley. 

"Adley, these are my family friends, Duke and his sister, Kiana. Duke, Kiana, this is Jonas' cousin Adley," Lennen introduces the two of them. The rest of the group knew who Kiana was because she often spent time with them while they were with Duke. She was mature for her age, much like Oliver, so she fit in perfectly with their little group. 

Duke and Kiana knew who Jonas was because Lennen had talked about him with both of them, when they were together. Lennen had talked to Duke more about Jonas because of the giant argument that had involved him, which Duke laughed at, thinking Jonas was being absolutely ridiculous. 

"Nice to meet you," Adley smiles, though was uncertain about how she felt about Duke. Jonas had talked to her a lot about Duke, and how he thinks he is a threat to his and Lennen's relationship. Adley made a made a mental note to watch how he and Lennen acted during the lacrosse game, so she could confirm or deny Jonas' idea about Duke. 

"Nice to meet you, as well," Duke says, also smiling. Duke was one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. He was always open to meeting and talking with new people, happy to make new friends. Duke and Kiana took a seat next to Lennen, ready for the game to start. Lennen was sat next to Duke, pointing out Oliver on the field, who was warming up with the rest of the team before the game started. As they were waiting, Duke was conversing with all his old friends, who hadn't seen in a while due to all their busy schedules, but decided to make plans for the weekend since they were all free, for once. 

The game started and both Holden and Oliver got a starting spot. Lennen and Duke were so proud of Oliver, knowing that he put so much hard work in to get that spot. Within the first five minutes, North Shore scored. At half time, it was 9-4 to North Shore and Oliver had scored two goals, making the group go wild, especially Lennen and Duke. By the end of the game, North Shore had won the game 15-9. Oliver played all 50 minutes, and he was only the second person in North Shore to ever do so; the first person was Duke. 

The group of seven stuck around, waiting for Oliver and Holden to come out of the locker room, ready to congratulate them on a great game, and an amazing start to the North Shore lacrosse season. 

"I'm so proud of you!" Lennen says ecstatically, hugging her baby brother. "You were amazing out there." 

"Thanks sis, but I know I could've done better. We still have a lot to do during practice and I have a lot of practicing to do at home." Oliver was always critical about his performance, no matter the outcome of the game. 

"Don't stress too much, you were great," Duke chimes in. He couldn't believe how much talent the little freshman had, but at the same time, he never doubted Oliver. He was a hard worker, and was great to train with. 

"Thanks for coming to watch," Oliver smiles. It meant a lot to have Duke and Kiana there, supporting him. They were considered family, and Oliver owed his entire lacrosse career to Duke. 

"We had fun," Kiana tells him. "A bunch of us are meeting up tomorrow to hang out since we haven't seen a lot of the group in a long time. You should come." It would be weird to Kiana if Oliver wasn't there. They were together a lot, and it was rare for them to not be together. 

"I think I'm hanging out with Paige tomorrow, but it shouldn't be for more than a few hours. It'd be cool to have the whole group together again," Oliver responds. "What time were you thinking?"

"Probably not until mid-afternoon. I think the plan is to drive up to Santa Monica and we were just gonna spend the day at the beach and stay late, so we could do a bonfire," Lennen tells her younger brother. 

"Sounds good to me. Paige and I were probably just going to go out to lunch." It had been a while since they had gone up to Santa Monica because they had Newport Beach practically right down the street. 

"Well, then we will see you guys tomorrow," Duke says. He and Kiana say goodbye to Lennen, Oliver, and the rest of the group. Though Duke had made plenty of new friends during his years at Sage Hill, he missed a lot of his friends he grew up with and went to North Shore with.