25.

Before the group headed up to Santa Monica, they went to cheer on Miles and Margo, who were part of North Shore's swim team. Well, Duke and Kiana went to cheer on Sage Hill, but were also there to support their friends. Once the meet was over, the group of eight were going to make the hour drive up to their destination for the evening. 

It was 11:00am and the group was ready to cheer, since both Miles and Margo were competing in the first event, 200-yard medley relay. Boys competed first, and the group sat anxiously, waiting to see how Miles was going to do. Miles was the last person in the relay, swimming the freestyle. The buzzer went off, and the first swimmer from each school took off, racing down the pool. It had finally come down to the last swimmer, and Miles had an amazing lead, thanks to his teammate who swam the breaststroke. Miles was the first to finish, which caused his friends to erupt in cheers. He got out of the pool and hugged his teammates, and sister. 

It was now time for the girls 200-yard medley relay, and according to Margo, this was the girls strongest event. Margo was third in the line-up, swimming the breaststroke. The buzzer went off, and the first round of swimmers started. North Shore was leading when it was time for Margo to jump into the water. She kept the lead, even breaking the record, and watched as her last teammate finished the race. Everyone congratulated Margo for breaking the record of fastest breaststroke in the relay. North Shore, yet again, won the 200-yard medley relay, this time by three seconds.

North Shore ended up winning the meet and Sage Hill came in second, putting smiles on everyone's face. It was a little after 2:00pm when everyone was filing out of North Shore's swimming pool, ready to head home. Miles and Margo thanked the group for coming out to support them. They were going to go home, shower and change, then meet back at the school, so the eight could split into two groups and head north up to Santa Monica. 

Since the twins only lived five minutes away from the school, the group of six decided to stay at the school and mess around with a frisbee that Lennen keeps in her car. 

"So are we just gonna throw it around or split into teams and play a game?" Ellis asks the group. They went to the beach as often as they could, and always found that just messing around with a frisbee could be a lot of fun. 

"Start with just messing around and then we can break into teams and play a game?" Sawyer offers. She was happy that the old group was back together and was finally hanging out again. They would occasionally see Duke at parties, but it wasn't very often. The group of eight hasn't properly spent time together since sophomore year. With everyone being extremely busy all the time, it was hard to get everyone together. 

"Sounds good to me," Duke responds and everyone was in agreement. They spread across the football field and started tossing the frisbee, constantly in a fit of laughter. Lennen couldn't help but look around at her group of friends and smile. She had missed when the times were just like this, not complicated or stressful, just spending time together and having a laugh. In moments like these, it was when Lennen was the happiest. 

About half an hour later, the twins returned and the group of eight split into two cars. Lennen, Duke, Kiana, and Oliver hopped into Lennen's car, while Miles, Margo, Sawyer, and Ellis got into Miles' car. The two cars took off onto the highway and headed north, eager to reach their location. Both cars were filled with laughter and loud music, happy to finally have a relaxing day. 

***

When Adley watched Lennen and Duke interact at the lacrosse game yesterday, things sat uneasy with her. She wanted to talk to Jonas to see what he thought about the trip the group had planned right in front of her. She wasn't hurt that she wasn't invited because she was new and they were all old friends.