34.

It was Monday night, just about everyone was either at an away game or at practice, leaving Lennen by herself. However, it was Duke's senior night for lacrosse and Lennen had promised that she would be there to cheer him on, as any best friend would. She made him an amazing, yet embarrassing poster, just like she did for the rest of her friends. Lennen was proud of all her friends, but she was especially proud of Duke, and all that he has accomplished.

When she arrived at Sage Hill, she had found some friends that she knew and sat with them. Despite not attending this school, she was there a lot and was practically an honorary student. "How have you been, Lennen? How was your spring break?" Alexa, a friend of both Duke and Lennen, asks.

"I've been good and spring break was great. Brazil was really fun," Lennen tells her with a smile. She had told her a few stories, same as what she had told her friends from her own school just a few hours prior. 

"I'm so jealous, Brazil seemed amazing. Also, spending it with Duke must not have been too shabby. I mean just look at him. He's insanely attractive. You're so lucky you're dating him," Alexa gawks at Duke, who was down on the field, warming up for the match. Duke was about 6'1, well built, with brown hair and whiskey eyes. He was just about every girls dream, not just looks wise, but he truly was the whole package. 

"We're not dating," Lennen laughs. "He's just one of my best friends."

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that just about everyone thinks you're dating. I mean you seem to hang out all the time and you guys travel pretty much all over together," Alexa tries to explain, though not quite being able to get the right words out. She wasn't sure how to get her point across, that the two seem more like lovers than friends. 

"Our dads work together, and they do a lot of traveling so both our families tag along. We did date, but it's long over. I have a boyfriend, actually," Lennen tells her. Why Alexa thought the two were together was a little strange because they were only friends and that's all they would ever be. Their past was exactly that, the past. "Oh, the game is starting." 

Sage Hill had won 13-4, not totally shocking because they were one of the best lacrosse teams in the state. Most of their seniors had recieved full ride scholarships to some of the best colleges in the nation. 

Lennen had made her way down to the field and was greeted by the entire Petty family. "Oh my goodness, this poster," Elizabeth laughs at the not so appealing pictures of her son from many years ago. "This is truly amazing." 

"Wasn't too hard to make," Lennen jokes, though was being truthful. She had a collection of pictures of her and Duke throughout their years of knowing each other, and to say there were a few unflattering ones was an understatement. She did however include some nice pictures, including the one that they had taken together when he signed his letter of intent and had a few from almost every trip they had taken together. 

"Thank you, Lennen," Duke says, hugging her. He knew Lennen would go above and beyond on a poster, but this was much more than he ever expected. She was so meticulous and it clearly showed, it was by far the best poster of the night. 

"It was no problem really. I had fun making it, it brought back a lot of good memories while I was searching for pictures to use," Lennen reveals. She had found a picture from the first trip they took together, when their fathers' company was just starting to take off. They were in Texas. It was incredibly hot, but that didn't stop them from having a good time. They were in the sixth grade, and they didn't know that this was just going to be the beginning. 

It was now the next day and just so happened to be Holden's senior night. Lennen was a little relieved that she didn't have to make a poster this time because Sawyer had made it for him weeks ago, seeing as he was her boyfriend. Lennen was kind of glad because she had been making just about every poster for their friend's senior nights, and it was nice to finally have a break.