29.

It was finally Friday, and Lennen was happy that the week had finally come to an end. It had been one of the most stressful weeks yet, filled with projects and homework from every class. As the school year was coming to an end, the yearbook was in full swing, wanting everything to be perfect down to the tiniest detail. That meant a lot of work for Lennen, as she and Sawyer were in charge of putting the entire thing together. Despite having a team behind them, it was still up to the two girls to edit and make changes as they see fit. 

The bell had rung, but going home wasn't really what Lennen wanted to do, knowing that she had hours of homework ahead of her. Since Oliver had left school early for an away game, Lennen decided to watch the baseball game. She sat in the top corner, not wanting to be noticed by any of the players she had gotten to know in the past month, thanks to Jonas. 

She spent the entire game, sitting in silence, not wanting to cause attention to herself, though she found it hard not to cheer when Jonas or her friends made a great play or scored a homerun. Lennen was still unsure what drew her to the baseball game today, as she and Jonas were still on their break, and not speaking to each other. She guessed that after their few weeks apart, she was starting to miss him. She missed spending time with him, or maybe the way he always held her in his arms, and the sparks that shot through her body every time they kissed.  

The game had ended, and it was no surprise that North Shore had won 12-5. The baseball team had always been one of the best programs at North Shore, not losing the state championship since 2001. Lennen watched as everyone cleared out of the bleachers and grass, happy with the win. She stuck around, still in her same spot, gazing at the players who were cleaning up the field. Eventually, players were coming up the steps, ready to leave, none of them noticing that Lennen was still sitting in the top corner. 

Soon, one player found himself looking around the area, eyes stopping when he notices her in the top corner, and he smiles. He wasn't expecting to see her at the game, wondering what she was doing here. He made his way out of the field and walked to the corner where the girl was sat. "What are you doing here?" Jonas asks, the smile still on his face. 

"Seems like I couldn't stay away," Lennen tells him. He takes a seat on the blanket that he knew she always kept in her car. The past two weeks had been hell for Jonas, only being able to stare at Lennen as they passed in the halls or from his lunch table to hers. All he wanted was to be next to her again, having her hand fit perfectly with his, or being able to wrap his arm around her whenever he wanted, pulling her closer to him, never wanting to let go. 

"I miss you, Ace." Despite having his friends around him all the time, he still couldn't shake the lonely feeling he had. He never wanted to experience that feeling again, not liking the emptiness that was sitting in the pit of his stomach. Being around Lennen gave him a warm, fuzzy feeling, something that he wanted to feel all the time.

"I miss you too, Jonas." Not even half a second later, Jonas' lips were on hers, and the sparks she missed during the past two weeks were now shooting through her body yet again. Jonas had one hand on her cheek, and the other on her waist, not wanting to let go. Lennen's hand found her way to Jonas' arm that was cupping her cheek, missing be this close to him. 

"You are an absolute dream come true," Jonas tells her when they break apart, making the heat rise to Lennen' cheek. The red tint on her face made Jonas smile, liking that he still had that affect on her. 

"I think I'm falling in love with you," Lennen whispers. How she felt during the two weeks apart from Jonas was something she never wanted to experience again. She didn't know how to describe the feeling, but in the end, she couldn't help to think that she was falling in love with baseball player.

Jonas' face lit up like a christmas tree and we heard the words come out of Lennen's mouth. He wasn't sure what Lennen was thinking during their break, but hearing those eight words was all he really could ask for. She was the girl of his dreams, the one he wants to show off to the world every second he could. To him, no other girl could come close to making him feel the way he felt about Lennen. Everything about her was her perfect, including her flaws. Every time they spent time together, he found himself falling more in love with her. 

He leaned in and kissed her again, with more passion than their last kiss. Every kiss from now on was going to hold an endless amount of love. It seemed as if everything was falling into place now, it was all picture-perfect.