32.

"What's up North Shore, we know the announcements are bit earlier than normal today, but today is going to a busy Friday," Lennen says into the speaker. It was one of the busiest Friday's the school has had in a while, and she was hoping that a lot of the school would come out and support. "During lunch, we need you to vote for next year's student body officers. Keep North Shore one of the best schools in SoCal. Also, it's senior night for our women's lacrosse team, so we want to see you guys on the football field at 3:00 as they take on Arnold O. Beckman and just to mention that the captain is our one and only student body president, Sawyer Boman. Right after that game, head on over to the baseball field and watch the varsity boys take on Irvine at 4:30. We want to see you be loud and proud as our two teams keep up their undefeated streaks. Have a great Friday, North Shore." 

Lennen heads out of the StuGov room and hurries to AP Calc, not wanting to be late for her test. She was a little annoyed at Mr. Richmond for giving them a test on a Friday, but she knew she would get over it as soon as she finished her test. Of course, she was one of the first to turn in her test and she was feeling confident, especially since she studied for this test for the entire week, four plus hours every night. There was just about a month of school left and senioritis had definitely kicked in, but she knew she still had to work hard. 

At the end of the day, Lennen met up with Jonas at her locker and together they walked down to the football field, ready to support Sawyer. Lennen, Ellis, and Margo had made Sawyer's sign during StuGov, wanting it to be perfect. They had included her embarrassing nickname from middle school and made sure to plaster it in pictures of her through the years, along with pictures of Syracuse University. 

"Like half the school is here," Lennen says, looking up at the bleachers, happily. She was so glad that the school was so supportive of anything that was going on, from sports to drama. It showed that they were truly united as a school, always willing to support any occasion. 

"Well, if the student body vice president says that they should come to the games, I think they'd usually listen. Also, our school is only like five hundred kids, so half the student body isn't that hard," Jonas laughs. He also thought that it was a little helpful that the captain of the women's lacrosse team was also the student body president. Sawyer was well liked by everyone in the school, and she was the only candidate for student body president because everyone else knew that she was going to win by a landslide. "Not to mention, Sawyer is playing."

"Sawyer always plays," Lennen points out. She was captain, so obviously she would always plays. "Oh, there's everyone else." She pulls Jonas' arm, guiding him to the rest of their friends. 

"Is Sawyer's poster more embarrassing than mine?" Miles asks, curious to know what the girls had done for Sawyer for her senior night. Lennen handed him the poster they had made for Sawyer and he laughs. "Equally embarrassing. Thanks."

"We could never let one be more embarrassing than the other," Lennen laughs. Lennen was making sure that all her friends had equally embarrassing posters for their senior nights, wanting them to take a trip down memory lane before they go their separate ways. 

The group watched the game, though the baseball players had to leave early so they could go warm up for their game that started right after the lacrosse game. North Shore had won 11-2, and at the end of the match it was time to shed the spotlight on the seniors. "And finally, our captain, Sawyer Boman. Syracuse University." The group cheered obnoxiously loud when Sawyer was finally annouced and they could see the slight embarrassment on her face. 

They had headed down to the football, each hugging Sawyer, then handed her the poster they had made for her. "Aw, I love it," Sawyer laughs, though slightly cringing at the younger pictures of herself. 

The student body that had came to the lacrosse game was now heading over to the baseball field, ready to support the boys as they try to keep their undefeated streak alive. Irvine was one of the best teams in the league and it was a nail-biting game. It had come down to the last inning, there was two outs and the score was tied 8-8. Jonas was on third and Cruz was up to bat. 

Cruz hit a sacrafice fly, sending Jonas home, scoring the winning run. The crowd cheered, as the entire time everyone was on the edge of their seats, hoping that somehow North Shore could get a winning run. 

Jonas, Cruz, and Dorian had walked up from the field together, greeting their friends and smiling as each of them congratulated them on an amazing game. "I think we get some celebratory pizza," Miles offers and everyone agrees. There was a pizza place just down the road from school, a place they ate at a lot whenever they had just finished a game. It had become a tradition. 

"To two amazing wins and being one step closer to graduating," Dorian cheers and everyone clinks glasses, quietly cheering as they agree with Dorian. It was weird to think that this group of nine were two separate groups just a few months ago and now they had an unbreakable bond that they were sure nothing could come between them, certain that they had made life long friends.