15.

Soccer season was officially over and it was time for Lennen to publish her article on Jonas Costello, the star of the Boy's Varsity Soccer Team. As she was rereading her article before publishing it, Lennen thought about how this article changed her life in a lot of ways. This article was something she never thought she would write, as she was never interested in writing anything about sports, it pushed her out of her comfort zone. This opportunity introduced her to new people, allowing her to expand from her small group of friends. Most importantly, she found someone who cared for her, someone who made her so incredibly happy that she couldn't help how fast she was falling for this boy. 

Jonas Costello: Shooting for the Stars

Senior and captain, Jonas Costello, has been a star for the Boy's Varsity Soccer Team since Freshman year. He has been playing since he was four years old, starting as something his mom signed him up for to keep him busy as he grew older. As time went on, he fell in love with the game and everything it had given him. He found himself staying later than all the other players, consistenly wanting to work and fix his mistakes. Jonas describes himself as a perfectionist, wanting to give his all during every game, knowing that giving everything you have can make a difference. 

Throughout the season we talked to Jonas, asking about how he predicts the season to end how the team found themselves winning State Championship for the seventh year in a row. 

What expectations do you you have for the season? 

J: High expectations, but we're going to take it one game at a time and see how it goes from there. 

Halfway through the season, Jonas became the top scorer in the nation, after beating Sean Shapert's record from 1984 of 213. From 2013 to now, Jonas has scored 217 goals for North Shore High School. Jonas averaged 3 goals a game and with that consistency he was able to beat the over thirty year old record. 

What is your end prediction for the season?

J: State Champions, just like the last six years. 

The Boy's Varsity team has held the State Championship title for the past six years, the past three teams were ones Jonas has been apart of. It's no secret that Jonas' talent helped lead the boy's team to victory the past three years, along with some other amazing players to help. Each season being better than the last. This year the team went undefeated heading into sections. 

North Shore just won the State Championship thanks to your last second goal, how do you feel? 

J: Winning for the seventh year in a row, for the school, and fourth year for me is such an accomplishment and I've been so lucky to be apart of the team and experience these victories. The last second goal was probably the most stressful point in my life because without it, we would have gone into overtime, and I knew that the team was pretty drained after a hard battled game. I'm happy that we were able to pull together as a team and get the win. 

Jonas is still unsure about his future for college soccer as he also has a passion for baseball and has yet to make a decision about how he wants his future to pan out. 

Lennen was incredibly happy with how her article turned out, and was ready for the school to see what she had to say about Jonas. Since her and Jonas' relationship changed during the duration of the article, she wanted to write it as if she was in someone else's shoes. Lennen didn't want to make it obvious that she was the one writing about Jonas because it could end up being completely biased and focused on the wrong thing. 

"Your article was amazing. Thanks for writing about me," Jonas says, kissing her cheek, as they were walking toward the parking lot to head home. 

"I'm glad you liked it but don't thank me, thank Mrs. Navone because she made me write the article. In the beginning, writing about you was the last thing I wanted to do," Lennen laughs. It was strange to think about how she went from being the last person to wanting to write about Jonas to dating him. 

"You didn't want to write about me?" Jonas asks, slightly shocked. He's been so used to every girl wanting him in one way or another. 

"Not really. Writing about sports was never something I was interested in. I was always writing about the arts or music departments. There's so many inspiring people in those communities and it absolutely fascinated me." Lennen wasn't sorry for not wanting to write about Jonas in the beginning because sports was never something she enjoyed writing about it, despite loving a lot of the sports themselves. 

"Well, then I'm glad I won you over with my good looks and charm," Jonas jokes, making Lennen giggle. 

"Well, sure. If you want to put it that way," Lennen laughs, then kisses Jonas goodbye, as Oliver was waiting by her car, ready to go home. Jonas stops and stares at Lennen as she walks away, completely mesmorized.