Chapter 3- Nobody's Home

Chapter 3- Nobody’s home

        I sat there stunned for a moment before flinging open the door and chasing after the sheriff. She ran down the street, pushing people out of the way before disappearing into an apartment complex.

          Once I reached the building I flung open the door and began taking the stairs 2 at a time until I reached the door she had gone through just as it slammed shut. I heard what sounded like crying and a muffled voice coming from the other side of the door, so I forced myself to be as silent as possible as my ears strained to make out their muffled words.

After a moment I realized it was pointless, I couldn’t hear them. I turned to walk away when the door flung open, revealing a young women with short black hair and kind green eyes.

“You should probably come in” she said softly.

I didn’t say anything, just slipped inside, quietly.

The women closed the door softly behind me and held out her hand “I’m Mary Margret Blanchard.”

I hesitated, but then shook her hand “Alex.” 

“Emma’s in the bathroom” she gestured to a room behind her. “She’ll come out when she’s ready.”

“The sheriff’s name is Emma?” I questioned

Mary Margret nodded “Emma swan.”

That’s when it all fell into place

The sheriff’s name was Emma swan

My mother’s name was Emma Swan

The sheriff was my mother.

I wasn’t really sure what to do.

I had dreamed my whole life about meeting my parents, but I had expected there to be tears and hugs, not running way and hiding in the bathroom.

“Mary Margret can you come here?” a voice came from inside the bathroom.

She shot me a sympathetic glance before heading into the bathroom.

3rd person p.o.v.

Emma was on the floor sobbing into her hands, while Mary Margret tried to soothe her.

“I can’t do this” her words came out muffled

“I can’t even take care of henry! There’s no way I can be responsible for another child.”

“Well she’s waiting outside what do you want me to tell her?” Mary Margret asked softly

“Tell her that I still don’t want her, and I’m better off without her.”

“You want me to lie to her?”

“I want to give her her best shot, and right now that’s going back to whatever life she’s been living in for the past 15 years, not here with me.”

Alex’s P.O.V.

I sat down on a couch and waited for Mary Margret to return, and she did after about a minute.

I raised my eyebrows waiting for whatever she had to say

“Emma says that she doesn’t want you that she’s better off without you in her life, and you should go back to your real family. She said quickly, her eyes avoiding mine.

          I abruptly stood up from the couch and made my way out the door. When I opened the door a kid, about 10 or 11, was there, his hand raised to knock on the door. He smiled at me as I brushed past him and continued out of the apartment building and down the street, into my car, and drove.

I was numb. I didn’t know if I couldn’t feel anything, because I was so shocked, or I was choosing not to, to protect myself from the pain I would be feeling. Rejection. She didn’t want me. For a second I had thought that maybe she regretted leaving me in that hospital, and maybe if given the chance, she would take me back. But she didn’t. She didn’t even care.

I must’ve been driving for hours, in no apparent direction, when the numbness began to wear of. I pulled the car over on the side of the road and curled into a ball and the pain hit. It felt like my heart was being ripped out. My whole life I had held onto the hope that perhaps someone out there actually cared about me, loved me, but after meeting my mother I realized that no one did. I was completely and utterly alone. I had no home to go home to. I had no where I belonged, none who cared about me, all I had in my life was rejection and hopelessness.

That’s when I lost it. I began screaming and tearing at my hair. Punching the seat, the window, the dashboard, anything.

I don’t know how long I carried on like that but eventually I  just passed out from utter exhaustion

***the end of that was really depressing...sorry.. oh well....but don't let that get you down beacuse i have exciting news! next chapter we meet Peter Pan yayaya! im so excited! its gonna be awsome.

airighty dont forget to vote and follow and dont forget to comment because i always read them and they make me really really happy and i will pick a comenteer and dedicate the next chapter to them. 

peace out

-Alex