Chapter 12- Sail

Chapter 12

Alex's P.O.V.

I don't know how far we walked. But we walked for a while. And never once did he let go of my hand.and secretly I didn't want him to.

Eventualy we slowed to a stop at the top of a cliffed hill. There was a wall of rock in front of us that extended to my left and right. Laced over the walls, there was thick vines intertwined withen themselves. They had painful looking thorns stickingout of them, and a discolored sap seemed to be oozing from the tips of the thorns.

Peter raised his hand, the one that wasn't intertwined with mine, and waved it to the side. Immediatly the vines directly infront of us began twisting and retreating back into themselves, creating a gap just large enough for both of us to fit through.

Peter carefully guided me though the gap, making sure I didn't brush the vines, or their thornes.

Once we were though I was able to see what was in the concealed cove.

There was a small waterfall, that fed crystal clear water into a small trickiling stream. On either side of the stream there was a small bank of smooth rocks, enclirclig the stream. I think I could have stayed there forever, just taking in the beauty of this nature, but Peter tugged. Lightly on my arm and began leading me towards the waterfall.

For a moment, I thought perhaps we were going swimming, and I got excited, not because I like swimming (I don't ive only been a handful of times and I don't find it appealing) but because if we were to go swimming, that would mean Peter would have to take his shirt off, and he was undeniably very attractive.

As soon as that thought had crossed my mind I instantly dismissed it and cursed myself inwardly for even thinking it. What boys look for in a girl is someone girly who loved to wear makeup, do their hair, and wear as little clothing as possible without being compleatly naked. Not a broken girl, who was dirty, undernurished from years living on the streets, and who wore whatever she could steal, not giving a shit about her appearence or what people thought of her. Nobody would ever want that.

I was brought out of my self pity party by, the light spraying of water on my face as we neared the waterfall.

For a moment I thought we were going to walk straight through it but as we got closer I saw that the rockwall behind the waterfall dipped inward creating a small alcove directly behind the waterfall.

Peter lightly stepped behind the waterfall and into the alcove behind it, pulling me gently behind him.

Once we were behind the waterfall he sat down and pulled me down next to him.

For a while he didn't say anything, we just silently listened tothe sound of the waterfall

I cleared my throat "what's going to happen to them?" I asked quietly

"Who?" He asked without even looking at me

"The boys that-" I struggled for words

"You mean the boys that tied you up, beat you, kissed you, touched you, and probably would have raped you?" His voice tremebled slightly and he turned his head and met my eyes " they should be dead."

I raised an eyebrow "but they arent." It wasn't a question

He shook his head "no they arent ."

"Why?" I asked

"I don't know I told Felix to send the back to their homes,"

I cut him off "no why did you stop them? Why did you help me?"

"I-I" he stuttered "I don't know.it was the right thing to do.I guess."

I shook my head "stop lying! People don't just do things because its "the right thing to do" they always have an ulterior motive."

"I-i" he stuttered again

"Tell me!" I demanded clenching my fists

But he didn't

He did the thing I least expected him to do.

Very quickly, before I had time to react he leaned in and pressed his lips softly against mine.

***sorry its short i wrote it on my tablet and its late and im like dead tired

BUT LOST HIT 12K READS SO I HAD TO UPDATE

comment and tell me what you think!! ( for a dedication)

also follow me on instagram, snapchat, and kik @pannception

(there is 2 N's)

and have a great Friday!!!

(ill start writing chapter 13 when this hits 6 comments )