Chapter 13- Dark Side

(A/N- Caution there will probably be swearing! (isn’t there always) more than usual)

Chapter 13-  Dark Side

            Alex’s P.O.V.

For a moment I just sat there, stunned as he kissed me, and it felt good. Then my instincts kicked in, immediately pulled away, and slapped him on the cheek. Hard.

“What.The.Hell.” I tried to keep my voice calm, but I wanted to scream. “Was. That?” I stood up and backed away

“um.” He stood up and rubbed his red and slightly swollen cheek “I believe it’s called a kiss.”

“I know what it’s called.” I snapped “why did you kiss.” I spat out the word like it tasted bitterly “me?”

“Why do you think I did?” he was smirking

That little dick head. Would it kill him to give me a straight answer for once? Probably.

“I think you did it because you’re a spoiled brat who lives to play games and tricks and fuck with people’s emotions.” I said straight faced

“Well don’t sugar coat it or anything.” He still had that cocky smirk plastered on his face.

I narrowed my eyes “that was the sugar coated version.”

            He was struggling to come up with a good come back so I turned and began to make my way out from the cave, but he grabbed my arm, spun me around, pulled y against his chest and kissed me again.

            His lips felt soft when they were molded against mine, and I so badly wanted to kiss him back, but I couldn’t.

            I drew back and slapped him again, this time on the other cheek “STOP DOING THAT YOU LITTLE PRICK!” I screamed as I yanked myself out of his grip

            He grabbed his other cheek, and I expected him to glare at me, but when he looked at me he didn’t look mad. He looked…………..sad.

            “just leave me alone.”  I whispered, before I turned and left.

(A/N I was going to end it there but because im so nice and amazing I decided to continue)

            I half expected him to try and stop me but he didn’t.  I kept walking, until I was out of the clearing and back in the forest. I walked until the sun went down, then I found a hollowed out tree and fell asleep in it.

            When I woke up I was not in the tree. I was back in Peter’s tree house

“God damn it.” I swore as I sat up.

That’s when I noticed Peter standing in the corner of the room. I glared at him, and immediately began fumbling for my knife but it wasn’t there.

I looked up at Peter again and noticed he had it, and was twirling it between his fingers.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. “Give it back.” I growled.

He shook his head “no can do sweetheart.”

I clenched my fists “why not?”

“I promised that if you let your past go, you could have a good life here, you would be happy, but you didn’t. You’re still letting your past control you, when you stop allowing it, I’ll give it back.”

I crossed my arms “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I think you do.”

“Well you think wrong.” I shot back.

He raised his eyebrows “sorry love, haven’t you heard? Peter Pan never fails.”

“You’re not the modest type are you?”

He didn’t respond just smirked at me

I could see trying to reason with him wouldn’t get me anywhere so I decided to play along.

“Alright Peter what exactly to you want me to ‘let go’ of?”

He grinned triumphantly and sat down on the bed

“I want you to tell me why you slapped me when I kissed you. I know you felt what I felt.”

Of course that was what this was about “you don’t know anything.” I shook my head.

He cocked an eyebrow “I know more than you think.

I sat on the bed, as far away as possible without falling off. “Do tell.” I faked interest.

“Well” he started “I think you do like me, and that you wanted me to kiss you, and you liked it when I did.”

“That’s a pretty bold statement for someone who barley even knows me.” I said coldly.

He ignored me and continued talking “I also think that you still continue to be afraid of letting anybody in, because you’re scared that they’ll abandon you, and leave you broken. So rejection is your way of protecting yourself.”

I stood up and glared at him “if you think that’s what this is all about you don’t know shit.”

He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down onto the bed “I wasn’t done.”

“I also think that you’re afraid of hurting people you care about. You’ve seen what people are capable of doing to each other. And you’re scared that if you allow yourself to care about someone who cares about you as well, you’ll just end up hurting both of us.”

“So yes, I think I know you enough to know why you keep pushing me away. And want to know how I know? Because I’m the same way. I block people out not only because I’m scared they’ll hurt me, but also because I’m afraid of hurting them.”
            I didn’t say anything, and refused to meet his eyes.

I didn’t hear him move, but when I managed to look up he was right in front of me.

His green eyes were only inches away from mine, and they were staring directly into mine.

Then without even thinking about it I closed the gap.

When our lips met fireworks exploded, he deepened the kiss and I put my arms around his neck and tugged at his hair, when he moved one of his hands to my waist and the other to my cheek, cupping it gently.

After what felt like hours we pulled away, not because we wanted  to but because we needed air.

I felt a smile tug at my mouth and I looked at Peter, and his was doing the same and he tossed my knife back at me.

“I believe you’ve earned this.” He said with his ever present smirk.

**sorry if the kiss was awkward, for those of you that know me, my only kiss has been my 5 year olf neighbor, so i was going on what ive read in other fanfics. 

comment for a dedication

follow my instagram, and snapchat me @pannception (theres 2 Ns)

Ill start writing when this hits 7 comments ! :)