Chapter 11- Mean

Chapter 11

Alex’s P.O.V.

The next few days went by agonizingly slowly. I was starting to feel a bit more welcome on the island. Peter had introduced me to the boys, most of them were kind, and welcoming, but a few were hostile and cold. I wasn’t worried at first, but I overheard Peter telling Felix to stay near me all the time, when he wasn’t around, to make sure they kept their distance, and “didn’t bother me.” I wasn’t sure entirely what that meant, but I knew I could take care of myself.

During the day I was fine. I played games with the boys, and they taught me how to track and kill prey, as well as gut and cook it. The boys were kind to me surprisingly enough, especially Felix and Peter. But at night that’s when the Hell began.

I couldn’t sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I was back in that room, with Emma pointing a gun at my head, telling me that I didn’t deserve to live. At night, when fire pits would dim, and the boys would all fall asleep, all in their separate places, some on the ground, some in tents, and others in hammocks hanging from the tree’s branches. I would lay in a hammock on the edge of the clearing, a few feet away from the one Felix would sleep in, but I wouldn’t sleep.

I would lay there, with my eyes peeled open, terrified of what nightmares would haunt me as soon as I closed them. By the 3rd day I was practically a zombie, so sleep deprived I could barely even function.

I lay in the hammock, I heard what sounded like children crying, off in the distance. I quietly swung my legs over the side of the hammock, and gently put my bare feet on the ground, careful not to make any noise by stepping on leaves or broken branches.

I quickly made my way through the jungle. As I cut through a clearing I stopped dead in my tracks when, a group of about 5 boys came out from the shadows with their weapons drawn and pointed at me. I drew my knife but one stepped forward, knocked it out of my hand, and quickly tied my hand together, and pinned them above my head, to a tree using a knife.

  “there’s no girls allowed on the island.” He grinned sadistically “but since your already here, I say why not have a little fun?” he chuckled and the other boys joined in, As he advanced towards me his eyes filled with lust, I choked down bile that was rising in my throat. He was close now. Close enough to touch. I put all my weight on my hand, lifted up my feet and kicked him square in the chest sending him tumbling backwards. While the other boys were shocked I yanked on my arms, cutting the rope on the blade, and yanking it out of the tree.

He stood up and brushed himself off, anger filling his eyes.  The other boys pulled out their weapons, as he pulled out his. I held the knife out in front of me and took a defensive stance, like Peter and Felix taught me when we were training . They all began slowly walking in a circle around me, like a predator circling its prey.

 As if on cue they all began attacking at once. I quickly began spinning, kicking, slashing, and punching in every direction trying to keep them all off of me, but soon I was over whelmed. This time they didn’t even bother tying me up, Just left me on the ground as he climbed on top of me. He grabbed my trembling arms and pinned them underneath his legs. He leaned down and wiped some of the blood off my face

          “Such as pretty face.” He whispered leaning down and forcefully pressing my mouth onto mine. I immediately squeezed my eyes shut and began kicking and screaming as he forced his tongue into my mouth, his hands roaming my body.

It continued for a painfully long moment, before his weight was lifted off me and I felt someone hoisting me to my feet. I opened my eyes and saw it was Felix, who had helped me up I smiled at him gratefully before turning to see what had happened to the boy.

The rest of the lost boys stood in a loose circle around two figures on the ground. My attacker was on the ground, barely conscious, and kneeling on top of him was Peter. He repeatedly punched him in the face over and over again.

          As Peter drew back and punched again, I heard a sickeningly crunch as his nose was broken. His eyes rolled back into his head.

          “Peter” I said quietly trying to snap him out of the trance he was in. but he just kept punching. “Peter.” I said louder this time. “You’re going to kill him.” He didn’t even hesitate just kept punching.

          “Peter!” I screamed taking a step forward but I felt a pair of long arms restraining me from behind me. Felix.

          Peter kept punching. The boy’s face was bloody and swollen so it was unrecognizable.

          I yanked myself out of Felix grip and launched myself onto Peter back causing him to topple over, off of him.

“Peter stop.” I whispered and I held him down.  “now.”

He looked like he wanted to continue to struggle but he didn’t. he looked over his shoulder, and I felt Felix’s arms wrap around me, and pull me up off of him, as he stood up and brushed himself off.

“I want them all gone. Now Felix.”  He said shorty

Felix nodded and relayed the message to the other boys, who immediately grabbed my attackers and pulled them away, out of the clearing.

I crossed my arms and glared at Peter “are you going to tell me what the hell that was all about?”

He didn’t answer just grabbed my hand and began to pull me out of the clearing “come with me.” He said “I think we need to talk.”

there ya go hope you enjoyed,

comment for a dedication

follow my instagram- @pannception

and read  my other story, where the main character is played by Robbie!!

ill start writing chapter 12 when this hits 5 comments :)