Chapter 5- Alone Together

I followed Peter through the woods. We walked for about 10 minutes before we arrived at a clearing. And in the clearing there was a giant fire, and around it were about 20 boys dancing crazily.

Immediately I stopped walking, and began slowly backing out of the clearing.

Peter noticed I wasn’t behind him and turned around. “Alex,” he said quietly reaching for my arm “I told you I wouldn’t hurt you and I promise won’t.

Hot tears were streaming down my face as I yanked my arm away and shook my head “you’re lying, you kidnapped me, I fell asleep in my car!, and I woke up in a cabin!, and then, when I tried to leave they all,” I gestured to the dancing boys “chased me.”

He opened his mouth to reply, but I was done, I didn’t want to hear anymore lies. I turned on my heel and ran, disappearing into the forest.

I heard peter yelling after me, and I didn’t hear him chasing me, but I wasn’t taking chances so I continued running as fast as I could for several minutes. When I finally stopped I was so deep in the forest there was barley any sun light, or maybe it was night, I had no clue at this point.

As I stopped for a moment to catch my breath I realized how tired I was. I needed a place to sleep, out of reach of anyone who came looking.

I wandered around for a bit, looking for a good climbing tree, before I found that was tall, and had thick enough leaves, that no one would be able to see me from the ground.  I quickly scaled the tree and settled on a branch close to the top, but was thick enough that I could put my weight on it. I pulled my belt off, and used it to tie myself to the tree so I wouldn’t fall off. I had barley finished when I felt my eyelids growing heavy, and sleep over took me.

When I finally managed to open my eyes, I must’ve been asleep for a while because now I could see sunlight streaming through the branches at the top of the tree. My stomach growled loudly, I hadn’t eaten since I was in Storybrooke. I didn’t even know how long ago that was. I ignored it as I untied myself from the tree.

“I can make you some eggs if you want.”  

“Shit” I swore as I lost my balance. I would’ve fallen out of the tree, probably to my death, but an arm reached out and steadied me.

I looked up ready to thank whomever it was that saved me. But lo and behold it was Peter.  Immediately I shook his hand off of me, rolled my eyes, and began climbing down the tree.

“A thank you would be nice!” he called down to me

“asshat” I mumbled under my breath as I kept descending

Once I was on the ground I began walking in a random direction.

I heard a soft thump behind me and muffled footsteps and he tried to catch up to me.

“What did I do?” he whined indignantly grabbing my arm

“Hmm let’s see where to start?” I said sarcastically turning to face him. “Lying to Me, on numerous occasions, kidnapping me, stalking me-“I would’ve continued but he cut me off

“I haven’t lied to, I didn’t kidnap you, and I haven’t been stalking you!” He exclaimed raising his eyebrows as he towered over me.

“Really” I said unbelievingly “if you didn’t kidnap me then how did I get here? If you aren’t stalking me then how did you find me? And you lied to me because you told me you wouldn’t hurt me and then brought me back to the other boys who kidnapped Me.!”

Peter was silent for a moment “you don’t know where you are do you?” he asked quietly

“If I knew where I was would I be wondering around here lost?” I snapped impatiently

“So then how did you get here?” he asked

“Well that’s the question of the hour isn’t it” I replied sarcastically

“You need to come with me.” He stated grabbing my arm

“And what makes you think I’ll do that!” I exclaimed pulling away and backing up several steps.

“You need answers that only I can give you.” He stared evenly into my eyes

“I think I’ll just walk until I find a gas station or somewhere with a phone.” I turned and began walking

“And who are you going to call.” He yelled after me “you’re here because you’re lost, you’re all alone, and you have no one.” He spat

I spun around and glared at him “And what makes you think that!” I practically screamed at him. There’s no way he could know that. It’s not possible.

He smirked “I didn’t bring you here, you came all by yourself, you must be truly, Lost to find your own way here.”

I gestured widely around I don’t know what you’re talking about, I didn’t bring myself here I just want to go back!”

“Back to what?” he said quietly stepping towards me “if you’re here it’s because there is nothing for you there, wherever you came from.”

“How did you know that?” I stepped back; tears were pooling in my eyes and threatening to over flow at any second

“That’s how we all were, the boys…………….me, we were brought here because we were Lost, but were not anymore we have a home, were not all alone anymore, we have each other.”  He explained earnestly. “if you come with me you can have all that, you don’t have to be alone Alex,” he stared hopefully into my eyes “you can have us.”

“No” I shook my head “you’re insane.”

He cocked an eyebrow “do you really believe that?” he paused “no, deep down I think you believe me, you’re just too afraid to admit it. You’re Afraid of being hurt, afraid of trusting, afraid to hope.”

That’s when I lost it “So what if I am!” I screamed, salty tears rolling down my cheeks, stinging when they entered the cuts, my own nails had left. “I’m afraid of getting my hopes up only for them to be torn down! I’m so afraid of being hurt I block everybody out.” I paused and then whispered “and most of all I’m terrified of trusting anybody, except for myself, because I know that if I do I’ll just end up even more broken then I was before.”

Peter was silent for a moment, studying my face carefully before he responded “Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith, and the trust part comes later” he held out his hand towards me “so take a leap of faith. Come with me. You’ve got nothing to lose, and you could gain everything you ever dreamed of; a home, a family, people who care about you.”

I thought about it for a minute before I stretched my hand out and put it in his “fine, I’ll take a leap of faith, but if you’re lying and this is all a trick” I leaned close to him  “I swear to god I’ll cut off your balls in your sleep.”

He gulped and looked terrified for a moment before recovering and clearing his throat “ in that case let’s get going, the boys have been dying to meet you.”

**theres chapter 5 hope you enjoyed it 

dont forget to vote and follow

and comment (i'll pick one for a dedication