Chapter 14- Fix You

Chapter 14

There was another party again that night.

Peter played his flute and the Lost Boys danced crazily.

Eventually they all fell asleep, passed out from exhaustion.

Peter brought me back to his tree house, and I fell asleep in his bed, and he slept on the floor.

That night the nightmares came back, but even worse than last time. I woke myself up screaming bloody murder. Hot tears were rapidly streaming down my face and cheeks, and my body was sweaty and clammy.

I felt warm arms wrap around me, holding my tightly.

After a moment I realized it was Peter.

He was cradling me in his lap against chest, gently rocking me back and forth.

“Shh, It’s okay, it’s okay now Lex, I’ve got you, you’re safe. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you, it’s alright, I’ve got you.”  He cooed as he kissed my forehead, and continued to rock and soothe me.

Eventually I stopped shaking, and was only hiccupping.

I must’ve fallen asleep while Peter was holding me because when I woke we were both on the bed. I was curled into a tight ball with my head on Peter’s chest, and he lay underneath me with his arms wrapped around me, holding me closer to him.

I didn’t want to wake him so I carefully scooted out from under his arm and tiptoed out of the tree house.

Felix had promised to teach me to hunt this morning, so I began to walk around the compound looking for him.

The boys were allowed to sleep wherever they liked within the compound so they were all over the place. Some were in their own smaller tree houses, or in a tent, a bed on the ground, or a hammock hanging I a tree.

After several minutes of searching I glimpsed Felix’s club dangling from a tree and I knew he wouldn’t be far away.  I made sure my knife was secure on my leg and I began climbing the tree.

It only took me a few moments to reach Felix, thankfully he had chosen a relatively low branch to hang his hammock from.

“Felix!” I whisper-yelled trying not to wake the other boys “Felix Wake Up!”  he didn’t even stir.

I looked around and snapped a nearby branch off the tree and began poking him repeatedly “Felix!”

He just groaned in his sleep and rolled over onto his side

I rolled my eyes “you’re leaving me no choice Felix.” I warned

Nothing.

“Have if your way then.” I took my knife out and began sawing at the rope that was tying the hammock to the tree. Within a matter of seconds the rope was severed and the hammock fell out from under him, sending his body tumbling down, and he hit the ground with a low thud.

I quickly scrambled down the tree, and when I was low enough, dropped to the ground next to Felix.

He stood up grabbed his club and glared at me.

He was pissed there was no doubt about that.

“hey.” I held my hands up defensively “I gave you a fair warning, it’s not my fault you wouldn’t listen.”

He rolled his eyes “fine, but do it again, and you’ll have to watch your back.”

I suppressed a grin “deal, can we go hunting now?”

“that’s the plan.” He said as he turned and began walking away.

I quickly ran to catch up with him.

Turns out I was quite good at hunting. Once Felix taught me how to track, I caught my first Rabbit within minutes.

“Felix?” I asked as he demonstrated how to properly skin a rabbit.

He raised his eyebrows

“Since we’re in Neverland, shouldn’t we be able to imagine whatever food we want to eat? Why do we have to hunt?”

“Yea, we can eat whatever we want, but we hunt for fun, and I prefer the taste of fresh meat.” He grinned wickedly

I nodded “fair enough.”

I was about to ask him another question when all of the sudden we heard a rustle, and Felix stood up and pushed me behind him, holding his club tightly.

I mentally rolled my eyes, I could take care of myself, I had proven it, as I grabbed my knife and gripped it readily.

We were both tense, waiting for the worst, but the only thing that emerged from the tree line was Peter.

He was looking around frantically and when his eyes locked on me he breathed a sigh of relief.

He teleported, or whatever you want to call that weird transporting thing he does, himself so he was next to me, and he wrapped his arms around me.

“um hi long time no see.” I said awkwardly, I mean what the hell was I supposed to say, he just randomly showed up and hugged me.

He pulled away, looking troubled “I woke up and you weren’t in the tree house or at camp, I got worried.”

“I just went hunting with Felix.” I explained

He studied me carefully, then nodded “alright, just tell me next time alright?”

I nodded “alright.”

hola peoples thanks for reading!

in order to get a dedication for next chapter i have 3 things you need to do

1. read the new summery for this book and tell me what you think.

2. look through the titles of all the chapters and tell me what all of the mhave in commom (its really easy!)

3. tell me what you thought of this chapter

if you do all 3 ill follow you, and you get put into a pool of other people who did that, to be picked at random for  a dedication next chapter.

as always the next chapter will be up shortly after this hits 8 comments (not including mine)

and dont forget to vote and follow my instagram (@pannception)

goodnight! :)