Chapter 8- Walk Of Shame

Chapter 8-

I trekked my way through the woods trying my best to find my way back to the clearing, which was a bit difficult considering all the trees looked the same and I have absolutely no sense of direction what so ever. I could faintly hear the boys yelling and shouting so I did my best to follow that sound, but it seemed to be echoing around the forest. I walked for several minutes, and by then I was convinced I was lost.

As I walked through a small clearing I heard someone clear their throat and I spun around quickly. At the edge of the clearing was a man half sitting, half leaning on a boulder. He took a long swig from a flask and then staggered towards me. “well” he said stopping in front of me “it’s been a while since there’s been a girl on the island.” His words began to slur together. I crinkled my nose in disgust just what I needed a drunk old guy trying to hit on me while I’m lost in a forest. “Tu me fais chier Ttourne enculer les mouces” I muttered under my breath ignoring him as I kept walking.

“Not so fast sugar.” He grabbed me and pinned me up against a tree his face was inches from mine “I don’t know what that means, but that doesn’t matter.”

“It means you’re pissing me off, go fuck a cow.” I snapped

“Tsk tsk, missy” he clicked his tongue “a lady shouldn’t swear.” He brought his hook up to my face and began dragging it slowly across his face. “Wait a minute.” I mentally face palmed myself “you’re Hook?”

“I believe there’s a Captain in there somewhere.” He replied sarcastically

I threw up my arms “God did the movie get nothing right!” I yelled “Peter Pan isn’t a Ginger, and he doesn’t wear tights, and Captain Hook does not wear a giant red hat, he does not have a perm and he wear eyeliner!” I screeched “the only thing they got right was the fact that you have a goddamn hook!”

He took a step back “what the bloody hell are you talking about.”

I smirked “not so ‘drunk’ are you now Captain” I took my knife out of my sleeve and kicked him in the chest; causing him to fall to the ground I planted my foot on his chest, pinning him down, as I picked up his flask. I opened it a poured a little bit onto my hand, before dabbing it onto my tongue. “I didn’t know water could get you drunk.” I smirked as I let it fall to the ground with a clank. “So Hook, you’re Pan’s bitch huh?”

He laughed nervously “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” “Right.” I winked “you’re here pretending to be drunk because it’s fun.” I removed my foot from his chest and looked into the dense trees surrounding the clearing. “You can come out now, I know you’re here.”

There was a moment of silence and then slowly Peter emerged from behind a tree clapping slowly.

“What was the point of this Peter?” I said gesturing to the pirate who was standing up and brushing himself off.

“There are no girls on Neverland for a reason Alex, they’re too weak, too dull-minded, and I needed to see exactly how strong you would be in a fist fight, but you didn’t react the way you were supposed to, why?”

I suppressed a small grin. “when he pinned me against the tree, he was close enough to smell his breath, and there was not a trace of alcohol in it, he was perfectly sober, which meant whatever chance I might have had at beating a man twice my size in a fight was now gone. So I used distraction. If you can’t convince them confuse them. So I rambled stuff about Captain Hook, and when he was confused I took my small window of opportunity and pinned him down. While I was in the higher position I had a moment to think to myself ‘hmm no one really pretend to be drunk without a reason, so I played a hunch and bluffed that I knew you were controlling him, which you were.”

“You were bluffing?” Pan asked shocked

I grinned “I’m very good at poker, and lying.”

Now it was Peters turn to grin “well then Alex, you have just proved that you’ll fit in perfectly here, now come on, let’s get to that party, the boys are waiting.

**sorry that took so long blame school track and netflix. anyway i just wanteed to thank yall for getting this book to 4k reads. i t seems insane to me that you guys want to read stuff that i write like at 1 in the morning when im high off of sugar and sleep depriveation. well anyway the next chapter should be up sometime in the near future dont forget to vote and follow and comment (i'll pick one to dedicate the next chapter to.)