Chapter 17- There Is An Answer

Recap:

“Peter” Felix began but I cut him off “I know she’s going to die Felix, I don’t need you to tell me that.”

He sighed “we could-“

But I shook my head before he could finish “No Felix, I’m not letting her drink that water”

“It will save her life Peter, you know that.”

I nodded “I do, but I won’t allow her to be trapped here for eternity, I won’t do that to her.

“It’s the only way” Felix tried to reason with me “If you don’t she will die.”

I shook my head “it’s not the only way.”

He raised an eyebrow “come again?”

“I know of a way we can save her, without trapping her on this island.”

“Well then, do tell, don’t keep it to yourself.”

I couldn’t help but suppress a grin that rose to my mouth. “We need the Heart of the Truest Believer.”

Chapter 17-

            Alex’s P.O.V.

*1 Week Later*                     

I was feeling better. At least that’s what I told myself and Peter. It wasn’t necessarily true, but half the battle is convincing yourself right? It wasn’t a complete lie either.  The boys had come up with some herbs and medicine that seemed to improve my condition slightly. I was still incredibly weak, my bones ached like there was no tomorrow, my skin was sickly looking and I could only stay awake for a couple hours before I became completely exhausted.

Today, Peter had told me he had something of utter importance to do, so he was leaving Felix in charge of me for the afternoon.

“Are you finished?” Felix questioned, interrupting my thoughts, gesturing to the bowl of soup and crackers on the table in front of us.

I nodded and slurped the last spoonful of the now cold broth, before he grabbed the dish with one hand and dumped it unceremoniously in the sink.

“Do you want to go the beach today?” 

After thinking about it for a moment I nodded “I think that would be good, get some vitamin D into me, maybe that’ll help.” I joked, hoping to lighten the mood but I only received a halfhearted smile out of Felix.

Even since I’d gotten sick Peter, Felix, and the boys had been worried, even though I’ve tried my best to convince them I’m better, they see right through me.

“Do you feel good enough to teleport?” Felix asked “Or do you want to walk?”

“I can teleport us, Peter showed me how to do it without spending much energy the other day.” I smiled at the happy memory.

I held out my hand, and he clasped his large warm hand in my small cold one. I closed my eyes and pictured the beach, and within seconds I felt the warm breeze against my face.

**A Couple of Hours Later**

At some point I must’ve dozed off because when I woke the sun was setting over the water, and my head was resting on Felix’s shoulder.

I knew it was late but I didn’t have the heart to wake him up. Peter had been working with the boys 24/7 to try and find a cure, and they had barely anytime to sleep, let alone play or hunt anymore. I’d tried to talk to Peter about, but he just brushed me off saying that after today, everything would go back to normal, whatever that meant.

I let Felix sleep for probably about 25 more minutes, before I noticed how low the sun had gotten, and I knew if it got dark Peter would be worried if I wasn’t back at camp when he arrived.

I sighed and was just about to shake him awake when I saw a bright light flash further down the beach out of the corner of my eye followed by several yells and screams.

“holy shit?” I mumbled under my breath, not sure what to make of it.

            I turned around to wake Felix, but he was already awake and on his feet.

            “Damn it they’re already here.” He swore

            “Who’s here?” I questioned “Peter didn’t say he was expecting anyone to arrive?”

            I turned to jog down the beach towards where I could hear raised voices, but Felix grabbed my shoulders and jerked me back “You have to go back to the tree house Alex.”

            “Nah Uh.” I crossed my arms “I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what the hell is going on.”

            “Lex I can’t!” he hissed “Pan told me not to tell you.”

            I shook my head “I don’t give a rat’s ass what Peter told you to do.”

            Felix glanced anxiously over my shoulder “Listen I don’t have time to drag you back to camp, you have to go now, things might get really messy and Peter doesn’t want you anywhere near it.”

            I clenched my teeth “you have to swear the minute you’re back you’ll tell me everything.”

            He rolled his eyes impatiently “fine.”

            “And if you don’t I’ll tell Peter you tried to pull a move on me.” I finished grinning

            He narrowed his eyes at me “really?”

            “really really.”

            “You know sometimes you are the most annoying little shit ever.”

            “But you love me anyways.” I tried my best to look adorable

            He rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair “whatever helps you sleep.”

            “Oh it does.” I smirked then stepped out of his way and allowed him to continue down the beach towards the commotion.

            “You better go straight to the tree house.” He yelled back at me when he was almost to the edge of the jungle.

            I rolled my eyes “Whatever helps YOU sleep Felix.”

            I waited just long enough to hear his light chuckle, before closing my eyes and transporting back to the tree house.

im so sorry this was compleatly boring but i felt i needed to update.

thanks to all of you who commented on my last chapter about my sucicide attempt and all that jazz i love all of you so much.

i'd been doing a bit better i was a week clean, but not anymore, but im much happier than i was previously.

also if any of you guys ever want to text me or anything just PM my and i'll gladley give you my number.

8 comments for the next chapter? (it will be more eventufull than this one i promise XD)

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! <3