Chapter 10- Let It Go

Chapter 10

Alex’s P.O.V.

I must’ve sat on that log next to Peter for hours, the lost boys just kept dancing and dancing it’s like they never got tired. The music coming from the pipe was soothing, and calming, eventually I felt my eyelids drooping and my thoughts became clouded as sleep overtook me.

I was in a small room. The walls were gray and stained; the floor was hard and cold. There was a metal door in the far corner of the room, and all of the sudden it banged open. Emma walked in, in her sheriffs’ uniform.

“I told you to leave me alone.” She said coldly walking towards me “I don’t want you. You’re worthless. Nobody wants you. Nobody cares about you and nobody ever will.”

“Leave me alone.” I practically spit at her.

“Oh but you’re the one who came and found me Alex, you wanted this, remember?” she grinned sadistically  

I shook my head; tears were starting to well up in the corner of my eyes “I didn’t want this. I just wanted a family. I wanted something to go goddamn right for once in my life!”

“Let’s be honest dear” she unholstered her gun from her hip, and I eyed it warily “your life sucks. End of story. I’m surprised you haven’t killed yourself by now, I mean I would have a long time ago.”

“Shut Up!” I screamed throwing my knife at her, which was probably not the best idea since she just stepped to the side, and it clattered to the floor harmlessly.

She began twirling her gun in her hands “maybe I’ll just put you out of your misery. Since your obviously to cowardly to do it to yourself.” She cocked the gun and pointed it at my head

The tears began streaming down my face “please.” I whispered “I don’t want to die. She took another step closer “you don’t have a choice anymore.” I heard a loud bang and I screamed.

I sat straight up and banged my head on something hard. I was still screaming. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was not outside in the clearing anymore. I was in some sort of tree house thing. There was a table in a far corner, but it was mostly bare. I was propped up in a bed, and at the end of the bed sat Peter.

“What. The. Hell. Happened?” I asked glaring at him expectantly

He rubbed his head, that must’ve been the hard thing I hit before, I smiled apologetically.

“you fell asleep at the bonfire, so I brought you up here to sleep, you must’ve been having a nightmare or something, because you were tossing and turning and crying out. I tried to wake you but then you began screaming, and you screamed yourself awake.” He explained

“Where exactly is ‘up here.’” I said making quotation marks with my hands.

“My tree house.” He stated like it was obvious  

“ thanks but I’ll just sleep on the ground next time.” I began to get up to leave but he stopped me

“Do you want to talk about it?” he asked putting his hand on my arm. It sent shivers up my spine. “Your nightmare I mean?”

I shook my head “no not really.”

He rolled his eyes at my stubbornness “come on, talking about it always helps, trust me I know.”

I shrugged his arm off, but plopped back down on the bed with a loud sigh “fine”

I crossed my arms and glared at him. “I was in a cold room by myself. Then Emma.” I felt my mouth twist in disgust when I said her name “my birth mother came in. she told me that I was worthless, nobody wants me, nobody cares about me, and that nobody ever would. Then she took out her gun and said that my life sucks and I should’ve killed myself a while ago.” I felt a tear drop from my eye but I quickly wiped it away. “ she pulled out a gun and said she would take me out of my misery, since I was too cowardly to do it. She aimed at my head and fired.” I choked back another wave of tears, and close my eyes.

I felt warm arms wrap themselves around me, and I automatically felt myself stiffen at the contact, but instead of removing his arms, they just hugged me tighter. I tried to stop them but the tears came flowing out, as I cried, soaking his shirt.

I don’t know how long we sat there like that. Him holding me, as I cried and cried, but eventually I pulled away, wiping away the trails the tears had left on my face.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered

He shook his head “it’s okay Alex, you’re not crying because your weak, your crying because you’ve been strong for too long.”

I shook my head “you’re wrong.” I stood up, but he grabbed my arm again.

“Would you please just leave me to my misery?” I yelled trying to pull away, but he wouldn’t let go.

“if you’re going to stay here I need you to do something for me.”

I kept my face blank and refused to look at him.

“I need you to let your past go. Turn your back on it. It’s not a part of you anymore. Those people that hurt you back there, they can’t get to you here, you can have a new life here, we will be your family, and I promise nothing bad will ever happen to you again.”  He took my face in his hands and forced me to meet his gaze “I promise.” He repeated “you just need to trust me.”

Inside I was having a war with myself. Half of me wanted to give in, to finally be able to trust. This could be the happy ending I always wanted. But my other half, my practical half was fighting. Telling me that I couldn’t trust anyone but myself. I debated for a few more moments before deciding.

“Promise?” I whispered   

He kissed my forehead, causing more shiver to run down my spine, but I suppressed them.

“Promise.”

there ya go hope you enjoyed!

as always comment for a DEDICATION 

i will start writing the next chapter when this get 5 comments

also follow me on instagram my username is @pannception, and sometime i post forshadowing edits and quotes from upcomming chapters and stuff

and read my new book "The Weight Of A Simple Human Emotion" its not a fanfic but one of the main characters is played by Robbie, so check it out and ill love you forever!!