Fallengundur University

Ned Veigler approached Newt Scamander one evening, the day before the full moon of June, and carrying a notebook in his arms and a solemn expression on his face. He stood to one side as Newt finished a sketch of the Charkorais chicks, which had curled themselves up into the folds of Remus's jumper to sleep. He watched as Newt finished the details in the silver feathers with his charcoal pencils and then laid down the parchment he'd been using to draw upon. Newt turned to look at Ned, picking up a cloth to wipe excess charcoal from his hands, "Yes, Mr. - Mr. Veigler?" Newt asked.

Ned's grip tightened on the book he held. "I wanted to speak to you about something. An idea I had. Something that I should like very much to do."

Newt Scamander turned and motioned for Veigler to follow him as they left Remus and the Charkorais birds, out into the laboratory... Tina was working at a foaming potions cauldron and Newt kissed her cheek and said, "Ned and I are going to step out for a, uh, a drink. The boy's asleep."

"Alright," Tina replied, concentrating on the potion she was mixing - a tonic for the poor Niffler, who had a bit of a cold and was sad because he couldn't sniff for gold like he enjoyed doing. The little niffler sat curled in a basket at the end of the counter, looking glum and clutching one of the gold galleons from her pouch in one hand, holding it to her nose, trying desperately to catch the scent, but to no luck.

Newt and Ned climbed out of the laboratory, into the little room of the inn where they were staying. Newt closed the briefcase carefully behind him, flipped the Muggle Worthy switch and opened it again to reveal his personal belongings. He pulled out a flask and handed it to Ned, flipping the switch back to the laboratory, but leaving the case closed. They got a couple glasses from a shelf there in the room and Ned poured the contents of the flask into each, carefully still holding his notebook.

Newt raised his glass and so did Ned and they each took a long sip.

"Alright, Mr. Veigler," said Newt lowly, "Let's see what it is you've got."

Ned Veigler took a deep breath, "I've been thinking, Mr. Scamander, and as much as I enjoy the adventure of traveling all over the world with you -- I've seen so many things, my eyes can barely comprehend that they've seen all of the fantastic things you've shown me -- I have... a heart... a passion... for something... else."

Newt Scamander nodded, "Tell me."

Ned Veigler opened the notebook. Inside, he'd taped clippings - photos of castles in mountains, snow covered grounds far, far from prying eyes... and he'd drawn crests... coats of arms and sketches of classrooms with tall windows, light streaming in, of teachers standing before rooms full of students, of long tapestries and burning beakers and students... learning...

Newt Scamander's eyes travelled over all the sketches and notes.

"Fallengundur University," Newt whispered, running his fingers over a particularly well done crest - a teal and purple tri-star shape with three symbols - a leaf, a snowflake, and a wand. Newt looked up at Ned Veigler with interest.

"I want to start a school," Veigler said, "A university, a place for... for unusual students that have graduated secondary schools like Hogwarts or Illvermorny." He pointed to the symbols, "A school of magic -" he touched the wand, " - for the unique - " he touched the snowflake, " - to learn of life," he touched the leaf. "All students who wished to learn would be accepted... no matter their peculiarity. They would be encouraged to... to learn the subjects that they find most dear. The subjects that are off the beaten path... astrology, mystics, specialized herbology, mythology, fantastic beasts... It would be a place where the unaccepted would be loved and the unbelievable could be believed."