Chapter 3 - Back to School

**Disclaimer** Just the usual 'I don't own Teen Wolf' spiel. Continue on.

                                  ~~EMMA POV~~

 I shouldn't be as disappointed as I am just because of a house. I mean, what did I expect to happen? That I would take one look at the place where I supposedly grew up and all the memories would come flooding back? I'm such an idiot. I just need to face the fact that I will be in the dark for the rest of my life.

 My dad gave me a tour around the house. I don't know where Eric was. Nobody tells me anything around here. They think that I can't handle it. Well, if I can handle the news that my mother and sister were killed in a car accident that I survived, I think I can handle knowing my brother's whereabouts.

 I tried memorizing which rooms were which. This house is gigantic. I considered asking my father how we could afford such a nice place, but decided it might seem a little weird. I feel like I'm at a new friend's house, not my own. Nothing is familiar. I don't recognize any of the pictures on the wall, the colored carpets, or the distinct scent that every house has. It was all foreign to me.

 There was one room my father neglected to show me. He played it off like it was a closet, yet it seemed an awful strange place to have one. I could tell he was lying to me, which made me nervous. For all I know, he's not even my real father. This whole thing could be a lie.

 I told him I was going to bed. I decided that I would investigate the room later when he wasn't home. I couldn't help but wonder what could be in there that he would want to keep it a secret from me. This family sure likes to hide a lot of things.

 I locked the door to my bedroom and began to further explore. There had to be something in here that could trigger a memory. On the dresser were more pictures of my entire family, deceased mother and sister included. A collection of books was piled onto a shelf. I recognized the Harry Potter series, that I remember. I remembered all the books, at least what they were about. My memories were still blank. It was frustrating, being able to remember everything except when it's about you.

 Sat up against the desk was a bookbag. I began digging through it, pulling out textbooks and binders. I had agreed to go to school tomorrow, even with my father's hesitance. I wanted to get back into the feel of my old life, and that included going to school. It's not going to be easy by any means, but maybe it will help me to remember. I just know that people are going to stare at me the entire day. They are going to stare and whisper because that's the girl who fell and lost her memory. 

 I managed to find a pair of shorts and a t-shirt to sleep in. I turned off the light and climbed into bed. I curled up into the sheets, my mind stirring with thoughts. I felt sad, angry, frustrated, confused. This is just all too much. So, I fell asleep crying with a longing for the life I once had.

 ☾ 

  "Are you sure you want to go?" My father asked me as I took a bit of the cereal in front of me.

 I was positive, almost. I'm absolutely terrified of going because I have no idea what to expect, but I know that I need to for my own sake. I can't keep hiding myself away forever. I have to start living sometime, and that sometime might as well be today.

 "I'm sure," I told him with a nod.

 He gave a sigh of hesitance. I know he's not too keen on me going, but it's what's best. I finished my bowl of cereal and followed my father out to the car. He had to drive me since I don't know where the school even is. I made sure to pay close attention on how to get there as we drove so that I could take myself tomorrow. It's bad enough that I can't remember anything, I don't need my dad dropping me off at the front doors, too.