Chapter 20 - Digging Deeper

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf but I do have #yoloswag

 "Walk," ordered Matt, pushing the lead barrel of his gun into my back. 

 "Hey, watch it there buddy," warned Stiles.

 Matt spun around, holding the gun to Stiles' chest. My stomach twisted into a knot. Me, I can handle getting shot. I'll heal. Stiles, however, he won't. 

 "There a problem?" Matt asked, narrowing his eyes as if to challenge Stiles. He pressed the gun further into Stiles' chest. 

 "Don't hurt him," I said in a low and pleading voice. Both boys' eyes turned to me. I steadied my breathing. I had to keep on a brave face. I had to stay strong through this because it's what people need me to do. It's what Stiles needs me to do.

 Matt shoved his gun into my back again, pushing me forward. "Walk."

 Stiles and I entered the Sheriff's old office where he and Scott had been waiting with Matt behind us. He shoved Stiles and me away from him, stepping forward to face Sheriff Stilinski. I immediately latched into Stiles' arm once we stood next to Scott.

 "Matt," said the Sheriff, holding up both his hands. "It's Matt, right?"

 He nodded.

 "Matt, I guarantee that whatever's going on the solution doesn't include a gun," said the Sheriff.

 "You know, it's funny you say that because I don't think you're aware of how right you are," said Matt.

 "I know you don't want to hurt people," said Sheriff Stilinski.

 "Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people. You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded," said Matt. "And one way is to try dialing someone on your cell phone like McCall is doing right now. That, that could definitely get someone hurt,"

 Scott quickly tugged his hand out of his jean pocket.

 "Everyone, NOW!" Matt ordered.

 Scott, Stiles, and I all glanced at each other before pulling out our cellphones and placing them on the desk, along with the Sheriff. Great, now we're trapped in here with this psycho with no means of communication to anyone outside. Not to mention I'm sure that Jackson will be showing up sometime soon.

 Matt then escorted the four of us down to one of the cell blocks. He ordered for Stiles to handcuff his father to the link above the holding bench. I could see in his eyes that if hurt for him to have to do this, especially when Matt ordered for him to make it even tighter, but there was nothing I could do, at least not yet. I just can't risk Matt shooting Stiles.

 I gave Stiles an apologetic look as Matt shoved he, Scott, and I all back to the Sheriff's office. He just pressed his lips into a thin line, the way he always does when he doesn't know what to say. I wanted to hold his hand, but I was afraid that Matt would do something.

 As we walked back to the office, we stopped as we passed a hallway that led to the back rooms. I held my breath as I stared at the three mangled bodies of the night shift deputies. Blood was smeared all across their chest and along the walls. I glanced at Stiles with wide eyes.

 "What? Are you gonna kill everyone in here?" Scott asked as we peaked around the corner of the hallway.

 Matt scoffed. "No, that's what Jackson's for. I just think about killing them, and he does it."

 I wanted to run over and see if there was any chance of saving the deputies. I could heal them, if it's not too late. I had to do something. But, Matt shoved the three of us forward, pressing us to keep going. My hand brushed Stiles' and when our eyes met I saw the smallest hint of fear, masked by a facade of bravery.