Chapter 12 - A Long Night

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf in any way, shape, or form.

 "We have to do something," I said, ready to open the door. Allison held out her arm to stop me.

 "We can't just go out there," she said. 

 "What else are we supposed to do?"

 I couldn't take this. Emma was out there being held in a choke hold by Derek, probably scared out of her mind. I had to save her, protect her. She's vulnerable without her abilities so it's my responsibility to do something about it.

 I peeked out the window again to see terror on Emma's face and a scowl on Derek's. How can he do this to her? She told me before that he was like family to her. First he goes off and kills Peter without even acknowledging the consequences it would have on Emma and now he's using her as bait. She doesn't deserve this.

 I looked back over at Allison to see her tapping on her phone screen. "Wait, what're you doing?"

 "I think - " she sucked in a breath. Her voice was cracking. "I think I have to call my dad,"

 "But if he finds you here, you and Scott - "

 "I know," she said, blinking away tears. "But we don't have much of a choice. They're not here to scare us, they're here to kill Lydia. And they want to use Emma as an exchange,"

 I felt bad for Allison. I didn't want her to have to jeopardize her and Scott's relationship, but I also don't want Emma out there much longer. Allison's dad might just be our best bet. Why can't one freaking thing just work out around here?

 The anxiety was beginning to kick in the more I thought about the situation at hand. It was either Emma or Lydia. I'm sure that's the only way that we're going to get her back. I don't want Emma to get hurt, but I don't exactly want Lydia dead, either. I gave a long sigh and glanced at the crossbow in Allison's hand.

 "I have an idea," I said, whispering. "Just shoot one of them,"

 "Are you serious?"

 "We told Scott we could protect ourselves, so let's do it." I said. "Look, at least give it a shot, right? We have to do something."

 Allison took a deep breath and peered out the window, glancing at the pack of werewolves standing across the street. "Which one?"

 "Derek, yeah Derek. Shoot him, preferably in the head," I said. 

 "But what if I hit Emma?" She pointed out. I cursed myself.

 "Fine, then shoot Isaac. Multiple times," I said. I joyed at the thought of Isaac being stabbed with Allison's arrows. The little prick deserves it for manipulating Emma like that.

 "Wait," said Allison. "Where is he?"

 "What?" I pulled back the curtain to see only four werewolves and Emma. Where the hell did he go?

 Allison held up her bow to the door. If he wasn't out there, then he must be - Allison was thrown to the ground, her bow falling out of her grip. I was pushed into the wall and tossed to the ground in the next room. I crawled backwards, trying to get as far away from Isaac and his glowing yellow eyes as soon as possible. This was not good.

 He let out a low growl and picked me up by the back of my hoodie, tossing me again. That one definitely is going to leave a mark. I scrambled to my feet and grabbed the lamp from the side table. Isaac neared me with his claws out. Once he was close enough, I bashed the lamp over his head, creating a loud crash. He winced and I took the chance to run.