Chapter 17 - Crossing Lines

**Disclaimer** Sigh, still not the owner of Teen Wolf, and still not the owner of Dylan O'Brien. Double disappointment.

 The entire ride to the abandoned warehouse was silent, even after we picked up Scott. Stiles was always the one to spark up conversation, but he seemed lost in something else. Tension filled the jeep and neither Scott or I knew what to do about it. It wasn't like Stiles to be so quiet.

 We pulled up and got out as a cluster of people walked in through a back entrance. Scott helped pull me out of the back seat, where I had been forced to once we picked him up. Normally I would have said something about the girlfriend having to sit in the back, but I held my tongue. Stiles just didn't seem in the mood.

 Scott opened the back of the jeep and Stiles reached in to pull out the bag of mountain ash Deaton had given us. "You okay?" He asked Stiles. 

 "Yeah, why?" Stiles answered.

 "You just didn't say anything the whole way here," said Scott. 

 "Nah, I'm fine," said Stiles. Scott and I exchanged glances. "Just grab the other bag,"

 "I can't, remember? Deaton said you had to do it alone," said Scott. 

 Stiles groaned. "Okay this plan is really starting to suck."

 Then, something seemed to catch Scott's attention. He took a step forward and lifted his nose into the air. "No, not here. Not now,"

 Without so much as an explanation, he ran inside of the warehouse. "What? Scott! What are we supposed to - " But Scott was already gone before he could finish. Stiles huffed and glanced at me. "Plan officially sucks."

 "Come on, Stiles," I said, placing my hand on his arm. "You can do this,"

 I was really beginning to regret my decision to wear the wedges now. I've been following Stiles around the perimeter of the building as he pours out a line of the mountain ash. My feet are killing me. I have to be sure to keep somewhat of a distance between me and the powder, because Deaton said it would have negative effects on me just as it would a werewolf.

 "So, are you going to tell me what's bothering you?" I asked Stiles, following a few steps behind him.

 "Nothing's bothering me," he said coolly.

 "You didn't even mention my outfit," I said. "Actually, you haven't really said anything at all. I can tell something's wrong."

 "Do you want me to say something about your outfit?"

 "No - yes...no! No I want you to tell me why you're lying to me!" I said, becoming flustered. He was silent as he continued to pour a line of mountain ash around the border of the building. "Stiles!" He was still unresponsive. I finally grabbed him by the shoulder and turned him to face me. "Stiles, please, you can tell me. You can tell me anything,"

 He sucked in a deep breath through his nose and averted his eyes from mine. I was pleading with him at this point. I need to know what's bothering him so I can do something about it. I'll do whatever it takes to make him feel better.

 "I don't want to talk about it," he said, gruffly.

 He moved to turn back around but I tugged his shoulders back. "Stiles, please. I hate seeing you like this,"

 He folded his lips into a thin line and still refused to meet my eyes. Shaking his head he repeated, "I said I don't want to talk about it."

 He went back to pouring out the line and I felt my heart sink in my chest. I let him get a few steps ahead of my before saying, "Did I do something?"